WIP Kroot Shaper

Deus_Omega

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the paint scheme reminds me of a fish called an 'Oscar'. If you add some 'fish-like' markings to the skin, it might be pretty cool. It's my understanding that Kroot have the ability to adapt their appearance to whatever environment they fight in given enough time (over generations).

You gave me a good idea if I ever want to paint any Kroot...going for that whole tropical fish look. There's so much inspiration in sea life, and the face is vaguely reminiscent enough of a reptile/aquatic/beast that I think fish patterns would look keen. :poke:

Actually, the color change thing is almost like a chameleon's (sp?) they can do it pretty much instantly. They do have the ability to, over time, integrate new DNA by eating what they want to incorporate... so you could have a strain of kroot that were tyranid-ish or orkish or whatever.

I never thought of it being like an oscar... that's cool.

I never thought of it being like an oscar... that's cool.

Yeah, totally reminds me of one we had when I was a kid. Huge sucka! He was so tough, *"How tough was he?"*, he was so tough that one night he flipped completely out of his tank and landed on the kitchen linoleum. We found him next morning laying there. STILL ALIVE. He had formed a mucuous membrane around his body and was breathing oxygen through that somehow. It was insane. 25 years ago and I still remember it.

We put him back in the tank and he lived for awhile longer, but unfortunately caught some sort of weird fungus and died. Probably from laying on the kitchen floor.

Thanks for clueing me in on the chameleon nature of the Kroot. I read somewhere about the ability to blend in to surroundings and it intrigued me. They made it seem that it took place over a long period of time though. Thanks for clarifying, that ability is awesome. Is it reflected in their stats? If not, it should be.