The Sky is Falling

Mad Pat

The sky is falling...white stuff coming from the sky...must find shelter......

Hi I'm a native Texan and we don't do snow well, just ask my beloved who lives in Denver she still giggles with the thought of me driving on snow....

Happy holidays even if they are snow covered.

Mad Pat :blink:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it make it down here, though?

It's raining, but not quite cold enough for snow.

If it freezes tonight, there will be ice. At least I have off work tomorrow.

Edit: Rant mode was on. Sorry. I just hope we don't get the ice and snow right now (yeah, I said it... no matter how much I want a White Christmas, I don't want my mom to lose her job).

We have snow here now, but it's warming up today and tomorrow so most of the snow should be all gone for Xmas morning here in Massachusetts. :down:

I love places that do not typically get snow. Cities will shut down if there is an inch of the white stuff and everything comes to a grinding halt. When I was in school, I used to dream about things like that as I trudged through 2-3 foot snow drifts to my bus stop. Damn superintendant had a 4x4 and lived like 2 miles from the schools. His theory was that if he could make it, the buses could too. Evil SOB. Heavy snowfall is supposed to be greeting with days off, cocoa, sledding and snowball fights!

Most important way to deal with snow Pat, is to go slow, and DO NOT make sudden changes in direction. More accidents are caused because people attempt to turn or change lanes too quickly. It pretty much guarantees you will spin and lose control of the car. Obviously...keep good distances away from fellow drivers.

Oh yeah, my favorite too, watching idiots in SUVs and 4x4s tearing up the highway when the roads are a mess - 4x4 means you can't get stuck very easily. Having 4WD has no impact on your ability to break and reduce momentum on a low friction surface.

I wouldn't mind forecasters, if their accuracy was better.

It's like baseball players...what other job can you be successful only 1/3 of the time, and be considered very good; 2/5 of the time and you are a minor diety?

You got it all wrong Qwyk. Forecasters are responsible for the weather. When they make crappy weather I don't like them.

I remember when I was an exchange student in Memphis TN back in 1995. Memphis got a tiny amount of snow one day and the whole city freaked out and shut down. There was something like ½ inch snow, and people were talking about snowing in and starving. Comming from scandinavia I thought it was hillarious

Here, in Denver, they forecasted flurries lo and behold no flurries! Anywhere from 2-8 inches depending on where you live. Not nearly enough to shut us down but it does make the driving a little hazardous during the morning rush hour. I always worry when they only predict flurries, more is on the way tonight. Very white Christmas here.