40k Chaos Space Marines

Vinny

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look great Vinny! Excellent colors, love the free hand :-)

I'm not very familiar with the 40k Chaos Space Marines or any of the Space Marines thing ... do you have free range on what you can do, or do you begin with a grunt(s) and work up to something, then add better armor and weapons ?

Cool base ... what did you use ?

Hey thanks! ^_^

I used my bro's "recipe" for basing material. Not sure what it is. It's all kind of brown ballast (fine and rough) mixed with some green grass turf.

Well, in 40K, you buys squads called units. Then, they all come arm with stuff, and you can add on if it gives you an option. Like you buy a squad of marines, and it gives you 5 marines, armed with bolters (the rifle things). And, it cost like 15 points a model, so one squad would be 75 poitns for 5 marines. And you can add more marines to the squad 15 poitns apiece. And it gives you option like adding a heavy bolter (bigger machine gun) for 5 points and it replaces one of your bolter with a heavy bolter.

That's just scratching the surface but it was well said.

I explained it to friend like this...

You buy a box set of marines. The minis in the box are not assembled, but they come on sprues, like plastic models that you assemble by hand. It's up to you how to configure your models with the available parts. You can arm them in different ways and pose them in diverse poses.

If you plan on gaming with them, you can always refer to the rulebooks if you have a question on how the different armament options affect the point cost of the units. Or conversely, you can just assemble them in a way that looks cool to you and then field them.