Tactics: Why your faction?

What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?

• They have this rawkin' killer backstory, and I could care less if they suck in gameplay.
    • The models appeal to me the most. They just have that... "look" to them that attracts me.
    • I'm not so much attracted to the faction as I am the fact that I feel I can win the most games by playing with them.
    • I've always played (Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Religious types nuttier than a can of Planters Mixed Nuts) in every fantasy game, so darnit, I'm playing them in Warlord, too!
    • I play the faction I do because no one else does. I don't care if they suck. NO ONE ELSE IS PLAYING THEM!
    • Other.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I am dojng a dwarf and elf army mainly because I have always wanted to do an army of each for WH fantasy, but I really despise their sculpts. Now I have a new game coming out (eventually <_< ) and I do not have to paint anywhere near as mny miniatures, plus, the sculpts are about a hundred times better.

I picked Dwarves for two reasons. I really like Klocke's sculpts and I already had all of the Dwarves, minus grunts, before I planned to play the game. My other faction of choice is Reven and that is because I really like the minis. I may create other factions as time allows but those are the two I am sticking with to start with.

Decado

Well I've known Overlords would be my favorite faction ever since I first saw Ashkrypt. Same thing with Crusaders and IronRaven. Those were the first two Warlord figs I saw, and I've been hooked every since. So far, the newest sculpts don't disappoint me and I continue to be infatuated with both factions.

I also have a Nefsokar army I'm working on because hey, mummies are cool. I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna be painting a reptus force as well, because the sculpts are are just plain awesome. :B):

I'm not BL, and I could probably field all of the factions that have grunts out already. That leaves out the Darkspawn and Overlords.

I think I have the minis to field a decent sized troop of all of the others. Of course, some of those are still in blisters. :-p

God bless you Flynn; the world could use a few more Lead Junkies like you.

As someone who's painted a LOT of grunts in the past few months, I'm very thankful that so many of them are not difficult to paint. I could do a troop of Necropolis, Nefsokar or Crusader grunts on my lunchbreak. Orks and Reptus are a little more difficult, but not bad.

Can't wait to get Elf grunts. OK, so maybe they won't be quite as easy to paint as the others, but for sculpts that cool, who cares?

Darkspawn - Because I'm a dark elf fan. Originally there we also going to work in my DnD Campaign.

Razig - ...wait they don't exist yet, but when they do I will own them. They're freaking pirates of course I'm going to have them.

Reptus - While reading through all of the fluff trying to pick my second faction, I got hooked. I love their reasoning for being in the war and their asian influenced backstory. After looking at the Khong-To then catching some concept art in the book, These little guys have by FAR became my favorite faction.

Razig - ...wait they don't exist yet, but when they do I will own them. They're freaking pirates of course I'm going to have them.

Undead pirates with cannons that fire soul energy! AWESOME! Oh wait, they're not a real faction. I started to get excited for a moment. :poke:

You don't need DV if you kill all of your enemies before they get close to you.

::D:

thats why I will have 6 elf grunts (and probobaly some proxies) in my group shoot em down then when they finally get to you beat em up with other sweet grunts from;crusaders,reptus & nefsocar stuff best from each faction & all very good at melee!