Tactics: Why your faction?

What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?

• They have this rawkin' killer backstory, and I could care less if they suck in gameplay.
    • The models appeal to me the most. They just have that... "look" to them that attracts me.
    • I'm not so much attracted to the faction as I am the fact that I feel I can win the most games by playing with them.
    • I've always played (Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Religious types nuttier than a can of Planters Mixed Nuts) in every fantasy game, so darnit, I'm playing them in Warlord, too!
    • I play the faction I do because no one else does. I don't care if they suck. NO ONE ELSE IS PLAYING THEM!
    • Other.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need DV if you kill all of your enemies before they get close to you.

::D:

thats why I will have 6 elf grunts (and probobaly some proxies) in my group shoot em down then when they finally get to you beat em up with other sweet grunts from;crusaders,reptus & nefsocar stuff best from each faction & all very good at melee!

The higher DV of other faction models does not make up for the loss of Elven faction archer abilities, IMO. Just use the Warriors as speedbumps and pick off the opposition before they can close with your archers.

Oh, and make SURE you have Caerwyn in your Archer troop. Boy, they sure nerfed the Elves by making Caerwyn a Hero instead of a Leader and giving Selwyn a RAV of 2. Means you HAVE to give Selwyn a Minor Accuracy Upgrade or she diminishes the effective RAV of your entire troop when used in a Volley.

Of course, you could just leave her out of Volley actions. That works too.

I picked the Overlord for one reason: Do Your Duty.

Iks, mobs of bondslaves, Do Your Duty, and Fear the Whip to break contact and reclose the ranks around Iks again.

And the crossbowmen rock. I can't wait to go up against some pansy elves, fire crossbows into their heroes, and have the Defensive Fire take out my Ranked bondslaves.

Oh yeah baby, my good troops kill yours, and you kill me punk scrubs in return.

Storminator

It was a of a toss up between the Reptus and Nefsokar for me. I'm a little bit of an Egyptophile (I just dabble, though), but since ReaperBryan is going with the Nefsokar, I decided on the Reptus. I'm particularly partial to their Thai influence, and I already have some really good ideas for the fluff behind my army.

Oh, and rules had nothing to do with my choice, because I have no idea how to play yet.... ^_^

Any why would you be partial to the Thai influence?? ::P:

I'm going with Reptus as my primary army, but I've been giggling at the thought of a Reven offshoot goblin army...if I could just get a goblin captain or warlord!!

Mad Pat

It was a of a toss up between the Reptus and Nefsokar for me. I'm a little bit of an Egyptophile (I just dabble, though), but since ReaperBryan is going with the Nefsokar, I decided on the Reptus. I'm particularly partial to their Thai influence, and I already have some really good ideas for the fluff behind my army.

Oh, and rules had nothing to do with my choice, because I have no idea how to play yet.... ^_^

You'll have fun, Jay. The Reptus are awesome Melee fighters, not too bad as archers, and their faction abilities really nerf opposing spellcasters (imposes -2 to casting power of spells aimed at Reptus).

They are one of the more popular factions with my gaming group.

since I prefer to Role Play dwarves, I was drawn to them as a faction. they are my preference, especially since they were fleshed out with so many great female miniatures.

I'm not so patiently waiting for their faction book.

cher ::):

I feel the same way. I can't wait for the Shieldmaidens or as I sometimes call them Dwarven Mothers.

Does anyone have any more info on her?

why yes, yes I do.

Kara Foehunter is her name. She is a unique hero with the SAs Crit. Shot, Ranger, Rogue, Ronin, Spy & Wood Strider. She is merciless with her crossbow.

and she is a cutie to boot. ::): (okay that part is pure speculation, but based on the other ladies, I have great faith that I am right on this...)

cher :blush: