Tactics: Why your faction?

What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What draws you to their faction you play? What is attractive about that faction?

• They have this rawkin' killer backstory, and I could care less if they suck in gameplay.
    • The models appeal to me the most. They just have that... "look" to them that attracts me.
    • I'm not so much attracted to the faction as I am the fact that I feel I can win the most games by playing with them.
    • I've always played (Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Religious types nuttier than a can of Planters Mixed Nuts) in every fantasy game, so darnit, I'm playing them in Warlord, too!
    • I play the faction I do because no one else does. I don't care if they suck. NO ONE ELSE IS PLAYING THEM!
    • Other.

I chose Dwarves because duh!, I'm a Dwarf. Yeah, they're slow, yeah, they don't have as much range on their bow-type attacks and their Warlord is one of the most expensive things in the game, but Bane and March to the Pipes are two of the best specials in the game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play elves and half-elves quite often in D&D, so that's the main reason I chose them. There weren't any Elf grunts out when I started playing, though the sculpts that were available I liked.

I didn't specifically choose the Elves because no on else was playing them, but it has turned out that way. There are no other active Elf players at my LGS.

The style of play for Elves suites my way of liking to fight. I prefer ranged combat to getting down and dirty, and this faction is the best in the game at that.

Besides that, I win with the elves. Alot. What's not to like about that?