World of Warcraft 2005

Darkstar

Does anyone know if buyin # amount of gold off a seller on ebay to use on a character in the game is against Blizzard policy??

With me being a Warrior & such, I'm very dependent on gear & in turn it costs a fortune to keep up to date & in good shape, etc etc. Would like to have a little bit to play with or just in case something I really really like comes along.

Just wanted to ask before I tried a auction, (nothing drastic pretty much just 50 gold, enough for me to get some better equipment & a good start for down the road)

If it is I'll defiently stay away from it, don't want to do anything to jepordize my WoW account.

thanks

Randy M

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, buying gold from a third-party is very much against the TOS.

You don't own the money you earn in the game, Blizzard does.

And just for the record: Every class is item dependant. You can't get around that.

Blizzard designed the game so that you can sell your drops to a Merchant (greens and above should go to the Auction House). But you can also buy level-appropriate weapons and armor at the merchants in the zone you're fighting in. If you want better gear for your level, then you can look into the Auction House.

Do Not Use Gold-Sellers! They have, without a doubt, killed any economy in any game they start up in. They are the people that make level 7 items become valued at 700,000 gil (FFXI, Leaping Boots from Gustaberg).

I agree with Istormhammer's comment 100%. I've seen the economy on other Blizzard games go south due to ebay sales of items etc...

Given a little time and you should be able to find, bid or trade for everything you want/need without buying gold. One of the best parts of the game IMO is finding/equipping better equipment than what you had. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. Just buying something to upgrade would not feel near as nice.

The quests are setup in a fashion that lets you play where you should be playing level wise so that it doesn't get too overwhelming if you don't have the proper gear. What I'm finding is that Levelling makes the most difference in this game. I get a real sense of my character becoming more powerful as she levels. Spend some time killing and questing, save up your silver then head to the auction house. Stuff for beginner/mid level is very cheap.

Also, my perception on the warriors is starting to change now that im in my mid 20's...lvl 27 soon. When my group does instances (1 mage, 1 rogue, 1 healer and 2 warriors, myself and a lower level) and get to a part where theres a party wipe, I'm ALWAYS the last to fall. Everyone else is running back to the instance and I'm still at 1/2 health and just slugging it out with the elite mobs toe to toe. Eventually I succumb to the numbers, but it's always great to watch the party fall while you remain standing. :devil:

~lvl 26 Warrior...and loving it.

Little update here. Finally played last Thursday.....I'm HOOKED. :B): Only played for a short time...got to level three, completed three quests, got some stuff(archery bracers, gloves, some pants-well, actually shorts ^_^ , a vest..). I'm on my friend's account on the Garona server. My character's a Night Elf hunter called Amra.

My friend's got the Cosmos thingie, and it's cool- I reccomend it.

Can't wait to play again!!!!

Aggh...haven't done much else but play this game and work since I got it...hooked like a fish.

Lvl 29 warrior now...getting into PvP as well, heart pumping, exhilirating PvP. I'm on a PvE server so PvP is a very mutual thing usually...well, in contested areas it can be tricky, but usually it's just for fun. The group aspect is great in PvP as well, I usually run without about 4 others in a party, and get all excited when I see an Alliance group flagged PvP. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose, but man is is thrilling. I'd assume it's more so than on a PvP server, because here on PvE, you never know when it's going to happen...it's just all of a sudden, bang! You're fighting human and elf scum! Do or die, it's still a blast.

This game never fails to surprise me with how good it is. I love how loyal people become to their faction...it gives you a sense of virtual honor and camaraderie amongst those that you see on the same side. Oh man...so fun...

My only complaints at this point is downtime. I spend about 1/3 of my time questing and killing and about 2/3 of my time running, zepprelining, flying from place to place or being dead and getting corpse. Hopefully this will change later, it kinda sucks to spend so much downtime, when the game is so fun otherwise.

Hey there,

My main is currently a level 31 Undead Warlock Tailor/Enchanter on Tichondrious, as well as a 10 Tauren Shaman Herbalist/Alchemist, 9 Orc Warrior Miner/Skinner, & 12 Troll Rogue Skinner.

Also have a 9th level Dwarf Paladin Miner/Blacksmith on Garona, as well as a 5th level Human Priest, and a 3rd level Night Elf Hunter.

PLUS, a level 12 Tuaren Duid Herbalist/Alchemist on Sargeris.

Hey, gotta do somethin when your main server is down for loooong stretches of time. :;): And I can't get this game out of my head. Even got two of my buddies to switch over from EQ2 :devil:

Cheers!

To give you an idea how sad myself and my friends are getting, we were playing some Tabletop DnD (3.5) last weekend, and when the GM asked me what I was doing, I automatically piped up with 'Checking the Auction House'. Then the usual 'Oh, wait...' and laughter all around.

Fired back up my level 31 Warrior (specced Fury and Arms, most definitly a damage dealer), but my heart is always to be a paladin...

--LSH

To give you an idea how sad myself and my friends are getting, we were playing some Tabletop DnD (3.5) last weekend, and when the GM asked me what I was doing, I automatically piped up with 'Checking the Auction House'. Then the usual 'Oh, wait...' and laughter all around.

Another one falls to the addiction...

Sad all my friends are falling to it.

Just don't say "Checking the Auction House" To any of the students or your coworkers at the college. :lol:

For any blacksmiths -- be prepared for a long tedious ride to artisan.

there are 9 quests that finally get you the know how to make the final 10 items to become an artisan and man does it take a while unless you buy the ore right from the AH.

Nice part is you get 3900xp for each of the 9 parts and then 7100 as an added bonus :D

just anther update ('Hammer has heard part of this already)

didn't use that gold auction, as I don't want to upset any part of the game, as it really the only thing I'm doin online anymore + it my only real gaming anymore.

Got Tauren Warrior up to 30th level now, kinda expected a tad bit more when I hit 30, but all in all I still love the game, I still don't like that I can't take on 2 or more creatures (when they are about the same level or a tad bit lower then me), being that I am a warrior you would think there would be more Upmf so to speak when defending vs mobs.

I've got my of my talent points into Arms, & I've got decent gear (thou I need to upgrade my weapon, I think it's past it's prime) JUST NEED THE CASH TO DO IT!!! since most creatures I'm facing don't drop that great of items.

+ I need to complete a bunch of quests that'll help, I just need to find people to do them with (not hard there thou)

also the hellish downtime of the Kil'Jaden server earlier this week(thou they erased my guy!!! ::o: ) I made up a female human paladin (Kashmir) on the Llhane server, I really like her, noticed quite a difference between Alliance based missions vs Horde missions, + being not slow a snail is nice to boot (people who say all races move at the same speed are FULL OF IT!!!! ha ha)

anyways, hopefully when my master paints get here it'll spark my minipainting again as I don't even look at my minis or what not (hopefully my interest in painting isn't goin away again like it did when I was 18 or so), but in the meantime I've got WoW.

Randy M

Good man, Haldir. (for one thing, I would have found you, and pummled upon you if you did it).

As for leveling: It's almost identical for both Horde and Alliance. I know a *lot* of people have screamed about it, but the reality is that if Blizzard is biased to any side, it's going to be the Horde.

Keep it up, do the quests, don't run to the AH every moment to see if you can get a new widgit, *do* hit your trainer as much as you can. Every ability you have is another ace up your sleeve.

--Ol' Unkie Stormhammer

My Night Elf hunter is just on the edge of level 7 now....no, I don't get to play long or often, so far.

Got a bunch 'o' new skills, a new bow, new dagger, some new threads.....all good things. I'm dyin' to get to level 10 so I can get pets.

One thing I like about this game is the occasional player doing random acts of RPG kindness. Both times I've played someone cast a buff on me ("Hey, I got a run-by blessing!"). And last time , when I was fighting a big-a$$ spider, someone threw a blue fireball-thingie at it. Never saw who did any of this stuff, just yelled "Thanks!!" I try to do my part, too....if I see a battle, I'll watch for a bit to see if they need help. Only needed to help once so far...last game session I saw someone(a Druid, I think), lower level than me, fighting a beastie, when one of the afore-mentioned big-a$$ spiders came scuttling towards him.I thought it might be a bit much for him,already tangling with another beast, so I pulled off an arrow at the nasty bug right before it attacked him-naturally it charged at me instead, and naturally I pincushioned it till it was up on me, then sliced it up with my dagger. :B): Fun stuff. :lol:

Now if they just had barbarians in the game......... :B):