World of Warcraft 2005

Darkstar

One thing I like about this game is the occasional player doing random acts of RPG kindness.

Yeah, I agree. Lots of that kinda love in this game. I usually try to help peeps out when I see them with an add, or if I know where a quest is I'll group with the people looking for it to show them, then go about my merry way. There's usually stuff to do no matter where in the world you end up, I'm a miner and always go off the beaten path looking for metal deposits, so taking time out to help a player is usually mutually beneficial that way.

As a side note, I met the players that I frequently group with through either their acts of kindness or mine. I was helping a Warlock out at lvl 8 and we still quest together every day at level 35. I met a priest at lvl 18 because they grouped with me to help defeat an instance, now they're lvl 34 and the second in command of my guild. It makes the game that much more deep to have a solid core group of people that play during the same time each day and are consistent with your level and quest needs. After gaming with someone through 20 odd levels you get a sense of each others play style and start to be literally twice as hard in battle.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

besides my "reallife" freind in the game, I've met a bunch of people in the game that I keep contact with, more than my guild member actually!!! ::D: Heck one guy did me a favor & when he had to go to Booty Bay for a quest he picked me up a parot while he was there, just cause I mentioned it once (I paid him of course for it)

One thing that irks me is besides the people who ask "where this quest, where that" & a person replys something stipid, if you don't have anything good to say SHUT UP!!!, more or less I'll respond but I'll also say read the quest, it's in there.

32 & climbing!! thou my paladin is 10th now, like playin her almost as much as my warrior. If weren't for the crappy server problems with Kil'Jaden the last few weeks (FIX THAT BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!) I probably wouldn't play her as much as I do ha ha

Randy M

I'm behind everybody else level-wise, I think, but so far I find that multiple mobs with the warrior isn't a problem. At 22 in Redridge I am able to handle 2-3 lvl 20-21 orcs fairly easily with retaliate and cleave. I'm sure it gets more difficult as you go along, but retaliate is a dominating option IMO. Automatic counterattack of any melee for 15 seconds? That's a great move, especially if combined with Demoralizing Shout and Thunder Clap. My little gnome just kicks butt! :)

So last week, I built a character over on the Malygos server. It's CST, so it's a lot quieter than the cacaphony that Uther has turned into.

KNowing my way around things, I made a Troll Mage and thought to play with the Horde for a while. Kind'a cool, actually. And the Troll spellcasting motion looks pretty hot.

Then I hit the Auction House in Ogrimmar, and know what I must do now...

After a few hours mining and smelting copper to turn into bars, I've placed them with care on the Auction House, with a buyout of 50 silver. Most of the other auctions were going for 65-70 silver a stack. So I'm undercutting the others, moving my product faster, and making a heafty chunk of change while I'm at it.

As of this morning, when my Rough Stones sold, I'm now at three gold, fourty-seven silver, and about eighty-three copper pieces, and I'm level 12.

This aparantly is the way to go for me. Moohoohaha!

--LSH

I made 44 with my warrior over the weekend. But for the past few days I have been helping low level people I know complete quests. I don't get any XP for it but I have the benefit down the road of Paladins, Mages and Warlocks that I know and are within my level range so we can all quest together.

And for those on the troubled servers, you may find this interview interesting on the Penny Arcade site (scroll down to the Blizzard Interview headline):

http://www.penny-arcade.com/

Copper is a good way to move money through the AH into your pockets at a low level. Heck, at any level. I blacksmith and mine, and I usually just buy it at the AH than try to find stacks...so much faster. My biggest money making method at this point is still just questing and collection of everything that drops and selling it...i never have money problems and usually have more than enugh to lend my friends when they need spells or skills. I really really gotta start saving for a mount at 40 though. For the next 5 levels if I can just stay out of the AH other than selling, I should make it

...here horsey horsey...

Been doing Gnomeregan lately, haven't beat it yet, but it's such a cool instance...I don't mind going back in, that place is crazy!

As far as $$ goes, Like stated by someone earlier, I just sell everything I loot(who knew there was a market for Bug Eyes and Cracked Spider Legs?). I'm currently near broke because I bought new weapons and a bunch of skills, but that's OK.

Good news for me.....my friend who got me hooked on this game got some parts to upgrade my PC so it'll run the game. :B)::lol:::):

Now I just have to buy a copy....good thing I have a birthday comin' up next month. ^_^

I'm almost always near broke. Being an Enchanter means all the greens/blues I get I disenchant for materials instead selling, so there's a lot of money I miss out on. I'm starting to make up for it with my Tailoring though, as I'm getting to the sill level where people are buying some stuff from the AH. Sold one robe yesterday for 1.5g. I'm 34th level and usually have less than 3g on me at any time. No regrets though, I knew it would be challenging :)

I created a dwarf paliden to mess around with on my boyfriends account, wasnt anything I thought I would enjoy playing, just wanted to see what they were like, and it turns out I am having a blast with it!

I know people dont really know me here on the boards because I am mostly a lurker, but if anyone wants to RP/group with a lvl 23 dwarf palidan on the Earthen Ring (RP Server) My name is Raffe, feel free to look me up:) I am normally on from 7pm EST till around 10pm EST and only a couple days a week.

-Quickenin

Put in a new graphics card and some RAM sticks today, but unfortunately an upgraded part I got had some bent pins, so I have to send it back and wait for the replacement.....I was hoping to be playing here at home by tonight or tomorrow, but..... <_< . I don't think I'll play on my friend's account anymore, because right now I only have to play catch-up for a little while(my character is lvl.9 on his account). With any luck, I'll be up and running by the end of the week.

OK, finally, I'm in!!!!! :B): I'm on the Garona server, currently with a Night Elf Hunter named Amra, and a human warrior named Hjalmar, currently levels 4 and 6,respectively. This game rocks. As I stated earlier, lotsa RPG love goin' on, with only the occasional idiot roaming around(last night, this guy, several levels above me, without even "speaking" to me, challenged me to a duel, which I declined, then wanted to group with me, which I also declined, then proceeded to follow me and challenge me to a duel about 4 more times......I just ignored him 'till he went away). But so far that's the exception, not the rule. :B):

This is the only cool thing that's happened to me lately, in the midst of having a very bad viral stomach infection(seeing the doctor, then going straight to the ER for fluids, etc.) ::(:

So, if anyone's of a similar level on the same server, look me up. ::):

So I know several board members, and Reaper employees(task monkey's) play World of Warcraft.

Who's who?

I saw about 4 on the server yesterday, but didn't know the characters/players.

I know goldeneagle(John) is rumored to play. :D

I DO know MadPat plays, but he hasn't returned my email, and didn't know if he took his cell with him to the Faire workshop.

Anywho's.

I just started yesterday, I would enjoy playing with some people "I know". Y'know?

Thanks.

Jhilahd

Kurgan, what are your toon(s) names, just in case we run across each other?

And are you in a guild yet?

My NE Hunter is lvl 13 now...went last night w/another hunter into Horde territory to get some lions for pets. :B): It was quite the adventure.

Human is still 11, and I have an Undead warrior at 3 currently.