You know you are obsessed when...

twjolson

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you are obsessed with painting mini's when you watch a 12 hour marathon of Lord of the Rings and you spend the whole thing choosing how you would paint that given character if it was a mini.

Actually... I wouldn't call you obsessed with painting minis if you BLEW 12 hours of pure painting time watching three movies.

A TRULY obsessed miniature painter would have skipped the movies and used that 12 hours to paint more minis.

::P:

Then that miniature painter would have taken photographs of his/her minis to post instead of posting a topic like this...

::P:

*falls off chair laughing*

"Here endeth the lesson"

You know you're obsessed with minis when you have several shelves of unpainted pewter, and you just received an order from Reaper and the order sheet went on to a second page...and you don't own a gaming store.

The order started as "a couple of figures I needed to flesh out my army that I didn't get for Christmas."

A truly obsessed mini painter doesn't need to look at the miniature that they are painting.... should be able to do it with one hand & use one eye to watch the film & use the other eye & hand to take the photos of the minis as they are finished by the "blind" hand....

No? :devil:

okee I'm FOS and I know it....

.......your child gets a look of fear when you say you are going to clean up thier room if they don't ........... they know they are going to be short all the coolest little bits and pieces as a fee for the chore. ::o::lol::lol:

........you will spend $40 on a discontinued action figure just to get some of the trinkets out of the box for that mini that would look so cool with them on the base.

........your s/o fears a trip to Garden Ridge/Micheal's/Hobby Lobby/Wal-Mart not because the tally is going to be so high but because they are going to be stuck carry all that little "crap" (read treasures) that is too small to stay in the basket.

.........when what you want for christmas is minis, a camera for photographing minis, a new hard drive because you've run out of room for all your mini pictures, paints and brushes for your minis, that cool terrain stuff that would be perfect for that mini, a painting desk because your minicollection has outgrown your old one and the two sets of shelves and the boxes and the rolling cart, and...and...and

......... Your seven year old tells you that he want to be a professional mini-painter when he grows up. :blink::lol:

Living with a person who's living with an obsession with minis doesn't have to be all so bad either. One must simply learn how to play the system.

For instance, it's alot easier for a girl to get taken out to dinner when there's a Michaels, a HobbyTown USA, or a FLGS right across from a girl's favourite eatery. I am hoping eventually the War Room will see fit to put in an on-site Starbucks.

A girl is MUCH more likely to get new draperies/carpets/clothes if she refers to the colour she wants by a name from the ProPaints palette. I want to paint my bathroom trollflesh green.

When a girl's husband's life revolves so much around minis, a girl can find a way to make almost ANYTHING she wants somehow beneficial to his obsession. For instance, a STEAM SAUNA would be JUST THE THING to relax those sore painting-muscles after a long evening of dragon-wetblending.

Actually... I wouldn't call you obsessed with painting minis if you BLEW 12 hours of pure painting time watching three movies.

A TRULY obsessed miniature painter would have skipped the movies and used that 12 hours to paint more minis.

I was doing Research! I have an awesome Troll mini and Treebeard scene I want to do an awesome job on. Plus, watching Lord of the Rings always gets me really fired up to paint.

Living with a person who's living with an obsession with minis doesn't have to be all so bad either. One must simply learn how to play the system.

Maybe you should start, if there isn't one already, a group like Al-Anon but for loved ones of those who have fallen to mini addiction.

Maybe you should start, if there isn't one already, a group like Al-Anon but for loved ones of those who have fallen to mini addiction.

I've already started a 12-step program for miniacs.

Step 1: Set out all your tools

Step 2: open the blisterpacks

Step 3: clean off the flash and mold lines

Step 4: wash off mold release and dust, let dry

Step 5: coat with your primer of choice (Floquil Base White Figure Primer or Reaper brush-on for me)

Step 6: basecoat

Step 12: seal your mini with your favorite clearcoat product (I use Testor's DullCote)