Photography Seminar

Kheprera

I'm going to try and host at least one session of a seminar on how to take decent photos of minis, but I'm going to need an idea of how many people are interested so I can print enough booklets (yes, you get a take-home How To Guide). So, let me see a show of hands. If I get too many I may have to do a first come, first served because I really don't want to spend the whole Con doing the seminar. :B):

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might add a section in the booklet on some basics, but I won't have a computer where I can demonstrate for people. Besides, it will be easier to generalize the information where you can utilize the information with just about any photo editing software.

Okay, I've got room for a total of 8 people, so I guess people need to sign up now as I'm only running this once. I will try to have enough booklets for 25 people, but I'm told I'll only have room for 8.

I'm not going to do sign-up until the Con, where I'll have a signup sheet. There are some people who might go who don't log onto the forums and I want to give everyone a fair chance.

I've only committed myself to one class. I want to be able to spend time enjoying the Con and doing some painting and hopefully sitting down with Talin for some tips on how to improve my art. Since I don't have to do training at work this year (Yay!) ReaperCon is going to benefit from me not being burned out for once. ^_^

I might add a section in the booklet on some basics, but I won't have a computer where I can demonstrate for people. Besides, it will be easier to generalize the information where you can utilize the information with just about any photo editing software.

Frosch and I are both bringing our laptops, if I know us at all. I have Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.0, Irfanview, and Paint, he has a couple other programs as well. I know laptops aren't the best screens for this sort of thing, but if it'll help, it's yours.

I agree that generalizations and learning how to just not *need* editors is the best way, but if anyone really needs to know... and we can even mess around with that after the class if you don't want to make it part of it.

Jess

That might be an option, but since I'm most familiar with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, I might stay a little bit out of individual photo editors and teach the basics on what to look for to see how to correct a problem (color shifts, contrast vs brightness, resizing, cropping, etcetera).