Science Fiction RAGE

Warwick

I'm currently working on putting a setting I wrote for another home-brew system into sci/fi RAGE. Oddly enough, my setting also has 9 factions plus Mercs, just like Warlord. I even bought a Warlord figure once upon a time to convert into a leader for one of my factions. I think RAGE will work great in it. Anyone else working on sci/fi RAGE?

Warwick

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how far back the purges went, but you should be able to see some of the models for AICOM (Reaper's 28mm Sci-fi Skirmish) in the Greens.

I'm sure there's a grunt in the 7/11/04 batch, but I think that's the most recent one, and the older ones all seem to be gone.

cool reaper sci-fi minis.............

but the guy with the rifle is holding it wrong !!!!!!!!!! and i didn't see a shoulder stock. the hand rail thing next to his faceplate should be in front of the faceplate.

of course if it's a laser it may not have recoil issues like a slug thrower would(note that gauss/rail weapons are slug throwers, they're just more advanced than chemical slug throwers are).

any way, add something to the weapon to represent an advanced "smartlink" type of sight and it won't matter that he's not aiming it right. call it a laser and it won't matter that he'd break/sprain his shoulder shooting a slug thrower that way.

by the way, this is a common mistake by mini companies. ral partha did it to the union mini's and to shadowrun mini's. GW has done it to their I-Guard mini's. Target/excelsior has done it to warzone mini's.

this is the first opportunity i've had to contact a company BEFORE the mini went into production.

Hehe.. so basically you are telling someone who is taking artistic license with something based on 1) aestetics and 2) castability issues that it is wrong based on technology that doesn't currently exist?

Nerd. ;)

Maybe he's just *hugging* his rifle... I mean, there are many others like it, but this one is his.

It's the future, they can make a recoiless rifle by then. Screw the laws of physics. The bullet isn't actually fired, it is transported from the chamber to the center of mass of the target and caused to rotate upon reformation causing the desired tissue damage.

I'm in no way official, but the very earliest I would say is two years off.

Cav 2.0 is due sometime 2005, and it has a well-developed base of models right now.

AICOM I've only seen three greens for, so the model line would need to be developed substantially before a gamebook could be published.

I thought he was just pressing the rifle up against his helmet so he could hear its lovely voice a little bit better.

In the Grim Dark Future: there are only talk guns

As soon as I read this, the first thing that went through my mind was the quote from the game Postal.

"Only my gun understands me"