You won't believe what my daughter wants now!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Battlemountainminis/My%20Pictures/OjosTiger.jpg[/img]Ojo's Tiger cub<p>I have a real problem now <_< ...This is what she wants for her next b-day! ::o:

Picture was done for a Tsunami relief fund to help all the animals in that region that was hardest hit...Well woth the $15.00 ..$13.50 goes to the area for relief not administration..I like that: :wub: Yes, that is a real tiger cub with his "milk-a-ba-ba"

Had to share...I'm a :poke: silly mom

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you do is you get her a large stuffed animal plush tiger for her Birthday and tell her that when she grows up to be Mommy's age she can have a real tiger of her own. (Hey she could go to school to be a vet for exotic animals!) There won't be any worries because this is just a phase she will grow out of, and by the time she hits her teens, such things probably won't interest her anymore. ::D:

What you do is you get her a large stuffed animal plush tiger for her Birthday and tell her that when she grows up to be Mommy's age she can have a real tiger of her own. (Hey she could go to school to be a vet for exotic animals!) There won't be any worries because this is just a phase she will grow out of, and by the time she hits her teens, such things probably won't interest her anymore. ::D:

Or she'll figure out that by tiger you really meant child. Mine seems more like a tiger than a child at times.

Nice try Enchantra...

But this kid argues cases better than most lawyers I have ever met... :huh: She's too damn smart for her own good!

I have already tried that one..She has a tiger that measures 4 feet long nose to base of tail and I had bought her and TheNational Wildlife federations Vet. kit for her last birthday and I had even dug out one of her old baby bottles so she could pretend...Not good enuf... <_<

Her arguement was that since we're moving to a bigger house ( we've been house hunting) and since all those poor kids and cubs don't have mommys and homes like her , that we would have room...and a big back yard..and we'd be a big happy family

I told her that when the tiger cub got bigger she/he would think of our 3 small dogs and her budgie as snacks..and it would eat them.... and that didn't even work...

She said to make a big fence with lots of toys and a pool for the tiger...Like at the Mirage in Las Vegas...She's been there a ton of times to see the tigers and dolphins..She knows all about enclosed habitats.. she was born in LV,NV. We're still fairly new to the NM area...

Now mind you, she just turned 4 in November, and proceeded to reminded me that we have lots of love to share and we should.

SHe also wants a sister or brother too but I put my foot down on that one.

Just turning 44 I'm too old to want to have another one myself..

My argument was..but we can consider adoption of a child from asia and sponsership of a cub that can live in a zoo ...Tha adoption thing went over ok but.. this concept for the cub didn't work at all..." because it wouldn't live with us and then we couldn't be there for it's birthdays"...

I honestly think this kids gonna be a wildlife lawyer because she's been right on all accounts and definetly has some good points...out of the mouths of babes...

Kid one...Mommy nothing <_<

Oh well I tried! ^_^

Apparnelty your Daughter is going down the Path to being a lawyer if she can argue that well. Maybe she will eventually grow out of this phase of wanting a tiger? One can hope. Granted I have no idea if it is still done but a long time ago there were programs where tiger cubs that were destined to go into the circus were placed with families to be raised. You could look into that. When the cub reaches a certain age the circus takes it and starts training and then you don't have a huge Tiger around.

Well, she may be a vet when she grows. Tell if that is what she really wants to do, then she needs to do well in school, and learn what she can about animals.

1) Take her to the zoo

2) See if she can help at the aspca in some fashion. Whether running a lemonade stand, or maybe walking dogs in a few years.

3) Get her a cat. Probably a stripped one. Tell her she needs to start small. :)

You've got a child showing a real intrest, so run with it a lil. It'll give you some good leverage with schoolwork... :)

Like I said this kids too smart...

She's already reading at about a second grade level at her Montessorri School she's placed in kindergarten for most of the day except durring reading classes then she goes in with the older kids for that...

I'm doomed...I have been working with her since she was only a couple of months old on her ABC's and it's really paid off.

We read almost every night for an hour before bed and she loves Harry Potter and JRRTolkien. We've read both series together, but also I have Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House to thank for her doing so well.

I'm just glad she's so caring about things and has a mind of her own..though I'm dreading her teenage years...It's going to be a challenge...

Find out the laws in your state and area for large, carniverous animals as pets. Chances are, it's illegal and you can use that arguement against her. The ones used for LV shows and circuses are generally by special permit only. You also need specific training (IIRC) in order to handle the large animals. With a 4 year old in the household I seriously doubt the city council would approve for a permit, not the mention how the neighbors would feel about having a tiger next door.

Find out the laws in your state and area for large, carniverous animals as pets. Chances are, it's illegal and you can use that arguement against her. The ones used for LV shows and circuses are generally by special permit only. You also need specific training (IIRC) in order to handle the large animals. With a 4 year old in the household I seriously doubt the city council would approve for a permit, not the mention how the neighbors would feel about having a tiger next door.

I knew someone with half a dozen tigers, she had to open a bar with the tigers where you could see them to try to keep them properly fed, housed and cared for, not to mention the tiger benifits she ended up having to throw four or five times a year for various needs.

Baby tigers are wonderful, I got to babysit a pair of them before I had a munchkin, but they need lots of supervisionn and attention.

If she really wants one and, like me, doesn't grow out of it Do like Ary said and go over the laws, but also go over how much it costs to KEEP one (buying isn't that bad, they can be found disturbingly cheap :grr: ), and the fact that they deserve all the room, care, and recreational stuff as the ones at the Mirage.

Orchid - who still wants a panther and a cougar herself :lol: