Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Any chance we'll see a gollum like critter this yr

Hey Reaper peeps

Just curious will you guys be makin a mini similar to Gollum?? As the GW one bites the big one, he would make a great mini espically with the firepower you guys got behind yah!!!

Randy M

(would love to see a Gollum beatin up Jar Jar mini box set he he)

Except for that pesky Copyright problems between both Newline Cinema (the ones coughing up the cash for the LOTR movies) and the Tolkien Estate (who makes more money off the books than the Gawds)

--peccimist, but realistic.

--lstormhammer

They could always make one and call it "twisted halfling" or "tainted halfling"...

Or call it "Former Enron CEO"... no wait... that would be more appropriate for the Grima Wormtongue look-a-like...

Why not just buy the GW LotR figs... I'd rather see Reaper do original concept minis, or at least concepts that are not currently readily available, as is the GW LotR licensed stuff...

One of the things that first attracted me to Reaper minis (aside from the high quality sculpts/castings and low price) were the original design concepts or the fact that no one else was making figs like these at the time.  I could get no end of GW rank and file troops, or other companies "look alike" GW rank and file troops, but no one was producing the great character figs that Reaper was cranking out.

Frodo, Sam and Gollum are going to be sold together for $9.00. I am happy with GW's LOTR line and am currently working on painting a Uruk-hai army.

Reaper is doing a great job of supplying us with D&D style minis and I think they should stay focused in that area.

Decado

I agree wholeheartly with everyone, I love what Reaper is putting out for us to snatch up & paint!! But I've seen the LOTR TT line, I like it but there are alternatives & for what GW charges for minis you could put your kids through college on where Reaper's are a helluva lot better & priced right.

I'll pay 30 dollars for a box set any day for a Reaper small mini box then what GW charges for thier boxes & most of the time you getting crap in the GW boxes espically the newest stuff.

As Reaper put out minis that resembled the LOTR stuff, I was just curious if they would put out something similar to Gollum as I've seen the Gollum mini & frankly I was impressed at all with him, espically after seen him in the movie & then in metal form. As Gollum was probably my favorite character from Two Towers the movie.

The only line I like & will buy from GW is the LOTR line, I say away from everything else they make from WD to paintbrushes to paint to minis, espically the fantasy minis as those are a joke, unless big giagantic weapons are your thing, it's not mine. But as I said even the single figs are spendy 9.00 for single character that translates into almost 3 figs from Reaper & higher quality as well.

Anyways I was just curious that's all.

Randy M

I agree for the most part Haldir. I stay away from GW's other minis and only collect their LOTR line. Some of their prices are outrageous but I am afraid I am hooked on the LOTR line and am attempting to get them all. I really like their Uruk-hai minis. The army I am attempting to paint is going to serve double duty as my LOTR army and represent my Black Orcs in my D&D campaign.

I think I might have bought 1 of their fantasy figures, a skaven sorcerer (I really like skaven), but get the rest of my fantasy figures from Reaper. I have only seen small photos of the Gollum mini so I cannot comment on the quality.

Decado

The only line I like & will buy from GW is the LOTR line, I say away from everything else they make from WD to paintbrushes to paint to minis, espically the fantasy minis as those are a joke, unless big giagantic weapons are your thing, it's not mine. But as I said even the single figs are spendy 9.00 for single character that translates into almost 3 figs from Reaper & higher quality as well.

Actually GW's figs weapons aren't as bad as many of the other companies out there now.  Confrontation and Celtos figs have ridiculously large weapons.  A couple of Reaper's early Warlord line went that way too.  The base of Ellandria's sword is as wide as her head.  But fortunately more recent releases have more proportionate weapons.  Still a bit disproportionate, but much like the GW figs, so not too outlandish.