Unfinished models, started but stopped...

Stern Kestrelmann

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have uncounted numbers of minis primed, unprimed, or half-painted (works in progress) as well as models. I tend to have "minis-ADD" and switch around subjects as the mood takes me. Sometimes I'll dedicate a lot of time to one thing if I'm writing a review (models, mostly). However, this does produce situations where I'll finish a very large number all at once. This weekend I put the finishing touches on 12 figures, and finished one model (a Panzer 38(t) Ausf C). I'm hoping to finish another dozen by the end of this week, too.

Damon.

I have about 20 completed minis, about 25 primed but not painted, maybe 10 that are out of the pack and bare metal and another 5 or 10 that are still in the pack. 3 have been dunked, 1 of which, Laurana, has been restarted but not finished, the other 2 are still bare metal. I also have an Assassin CAV that is about 80% done.

I feel better because I actually finshed 5 minis for my Necropolis army last week or the uncompleted list would have been longer.

I've usually got about 5 minis in progress that'll just sit there for wayyyy to long on my workbench (as most others get started and finished in one go).

I've also got about 5 or 10 that have graduated from sitting on the workbench (still in queue) to sitting on the shelves (no longer a priority).

I haven't counted lately. All my painting stuff is still packed up awaiting me to finish my spring cleaning that I needed to do last year and didn't get done (I was pregnant).

So, until everything gets done that I need to get done (which involves a couple pieces of furniture being moved and putting together my painting chair and filing cabinet) I'm not going to be painting. It's supposed to be inspiration, but I find I barely have time to do anything anymore. :wacko:

I have a short list of figures I've started and not finished, other than works in progress.

Needing bases, or with unfinished bases:

Foo Dog

A Troll

A Halfling

Some undead

In various stages of incompleteness:

A Wizard

Two Monks (wonder twin powers activate monks)

Two Bugbears (keep telling myself I'll get back to them)

A Snakeman (started Origins '02)

One other incomplete project is the fellowship I started painting, and stopped after completing only four.

I probably have 100+ minis primed but othewise not started. I then have another 50 or so that have been started but not finished. These include some that are 90-95% finished, and would only require an hour or so to finish, as well as a piece I was working on for the Golden Demon contest 2 years ago, but ran out of time and couldn't finish it before the contest. I never did go back and finish the piece.

I have a half finished reaper dragon, reaper half elf and GW bloodletter. I have about 100 or so primed awaiting painting, including half my battletech regiment (which needs finishing for sunday =/ =/) and a bunch of stuff for my l5r camp.

I have been trying to stick to a philosophy of "I cannot buy anything new until I paint some of the old." So, if I want a Reven starter set, I have to paint that same number of existing minis before I can get it. It doesn't happen, but it's a philosophy all the same. . . .

Wish I could stick to that. I'm always afraid the new ones I like will go OOP. Takes me too long to paint anything.

I've probably got 2 dozen half-finished minis, and a dozen or so primed but not painted. And then there's the whole mass of painted ones that I want to repaint because I've improved since then....

:wacko:

I usually keep 4 going at all times and don't put them back until done. If I get bored or run out of inspiration I may put them on the back burner and work on the other 3; but I don't put it back with the primed ones. I try to keep them differant, so as to have something matching what mood I am in to paint.