Viridius WIP help wanted

Orchid_Noir

Alright, I was inspired by these:

cars.jpg

And this is where I've gotten so far, there is quite a bit more work to be done on those silver scales so please do not think that they are "done," but I am having the damdest time trying to come up with what I am going to do to those wings:

ViridWIP1.jpg

The inside of the leg you can see from his other side that is all purple has not had anything done to it yet, as this side was just trying to get the look like I wanted it, which I am pretty much there on. I am just absolutely stumped as to what to do to the wings on this guy.

PS ... whadday think of the body so far?

Orchid - in a dragon mood of late ^_^

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:B): This is exactly the effect I was trying to get in another thread - the gas swirl look.

Care to share technique? I love the body work so far...

As for wings - if you did them in the same manner I think you would lose them both - what about quite dark wings with the multi colour showing up not in the inner wing webbing - but rather in the supports - the framework only....

Looking forward to seeing him finished...

WR

I'd say a contrasting color, perhaps a little lighter with, as WintersRainne said, the colors of the dragon only following along the supports. The membranes I'd go with a lighter color. Possibly with a gold fade into silver or very pale lavender in the center of the membrane?

I'm really digging this color scheme and would love to see it finished. ^_^

Ohhh wow! That's looking awesome so far ON! I can't wait to see it finished!

I would probably wait until the whole body was finished including the silver tummy scales and then see what feels right for the wings, dark could look good but so could light, it just really depends on the overall look of him when the rest is done.

I do agree with the oil effect only being used on the framework of the wings though, I think keeping the wings fairly plainish would be best otherwise you're just going to end up with a paint job that looks too 'busy' in the end. Good luck with him.

Besides the whole thing looking incredible right now my thoughts would be to use the gold/bronze look that is used very lightly on the body on the membranes of the wings and on the stomach. I know you have already put so much time in the silver, so instead of going the gold route, keep with the silver theme and paint the membranes silver too.