Submitting A Sculpt

Meady

Ok, say I made a sculpt and wanted to sell it to reaper, GW, or any other company. Must I be employed to the company in order to give them a sculpt or no? I ask out of curiosty, I'm only 14 yet, but in a few years I figure it could be good side money if I get a little better at it.

--Meady

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it quite works that way. While doing a sculpt and submitting it might be useful as a demo of talents, IIRC most times Reaper draws up concept art for the figure, and then the sculptors go by that. I know GW definitely does this, as any figure not related to their games will not be made. After that, however, there also has to be a desire,, I should think, by the manufacturer to bring on a new sculptor...

Damon.

• Super Administrators

Meady, send a friendly email to [email protected] explaining what you posted above. Keep in mind, that Ron's a very busy guy and receives a ton of email every day, so he may not be able to get back with you immediately. I send you to him because he coordinates the efforts of the sculptors, among numerous other things. If anyone knows about how to become a sculptor, it's Ron.

kit

Thanks guys. I don't have time to look for this info right away, but I can check here every so often later today. What stuff is needed in the production of miniatures? Obviously molds and stuff but what really is used machinery wise? I suppose this is something that can't be contained in a single post, but heres to trying :B):

--Meady