What would you like to see of these

Akela

Which of the following interests you the most?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following interests you the most?

• Battlesuits: Anime Mecha Gladiator Combat (Scifi/Generic)
    • Apocalypse: Mass Warfare in the World of Adon (Fantasy/Adon Universe)
    • Touchdown: Fantasy Football (Fantasy/Modern)
    • Victoria's Cross: Colonialism in a World of Myth and Machines (Fantasy/Historical Late 19th Century)
    • Rifles and Eagles: Napoleonic Skirmish (Historical Early 19th Century)
    • Regiments of Glory: Napoleonic Mass Warfare (Historical Early 19th Century)
    • Battleflags: American Civil War Mass Warfare (Historical Mid 19th Century)
    • Raging Seas: The Age of Fighting Sail (Historical Early 19th Century)
    • Countercell: Covert Operations (Modern/Terrorism-Counterterrorism Skirmish)
    • Painted Black: The Nam (Historical/Vietnam War Skirmish)

I went with Age of Sail.

Honestly, though, none of the above really excited me. I'm more of a roleplayer than a mass combat player. I've never played mass combat and can barely get into Warlord as it is (we have the book and enough minis, but I just can't get inspired to play). I figure with Age of Sail I could at least use the rules in a fantasy game to play out ship to ship combat.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Victoria Cross because I think it'd make a very interesting setting to play in and would be something fresh. My second choice would be the Mecha one, because big robots are cool (along with zombies - hey.. what would happen if you mixed robots AND zombies!).

The Napoleonic skirmish could be interesting too, I kinda liked flintlock. Would be little point in a regimental napoleonic game though, there's already plenty of systems and figures for that, but little of it for a skirmish game imo.

I was talking about it with a few other mates - and there is no real "Evil Genius" type games out there where one side controls an evil genius and his jumpsuit & Silver Hard Hat wearin' minions and the otherside has a super-spy and his forces of kung-fu infiltrating ninjas (a la any 60's bond films..etc) and this would be perfectly suited for the rage engine as you can have a few powerful super-agents and henchmen with various skills, and then lots of grunt -types, like beret wearing secrutiy drones, tech guys to guard "lasers", SAS commandos etc...

It would lead nicely into a counterstrike game as well... and there is virtually nothing out there on this. Having a line of miniatures of these archtypes would be brilliant as noone does it, and lots of people want them for whatever game system they prefer - so it would be akin to the current line of fantasy figures which people like to snatch up for all sorts of reasons.

SO definately consider this. :) Please!

Or I shall be forced to use orchids and wipe out the entire population of eatch, except for a few skilled sculpters who will survive on-board my captured space shuttles - and then I shall repopulate the planet with these miniatures anyways.

I just want an excuse to talk like an uppity brit in my gaming sessions... My GW orcs already let me talk like a dockside tavern dweller and my D&D dwarf let's me do my scottish accent. Lord have mercy if I ever get a hold of an Indian (asian) historical army!

If you do victoria's cross (and you should) make sure you have a nice range of great powers. Love to play around with an Ottoman inspired steampunk/mech force.

I was talking about it with a few other mates - and there is no real "Evil Genius" type games out there where one side controls an evil genius and his jumpsuit & Silver Hard Hat wearin' minions and the otherside has a super-spy and his forces of kung-fu infiltrating ninjas (a la any 60's bond films..etc)

This is genius.

After Victoria's Cross, I'd play this.

Well, I was reading through the list, but to be honest didnt really see one that interested me.

Only one that might have peaked an interest was the all out apocolypse fantasy war... But, the description of your idea of what that means needs to be more descriptive.

Outside of that, I gotta take a step back and say, "hey" I know these are just ideas getting knocked around and all. And I know that the CAV2 is in beta and hopefully will get to see the light of day at some point. But, I would like to make the suggestion of kinda like holding off a bit on the idea of trying to start a new game until the ones you got are actually out and working and you're putting minis and books out on consistent basis and on schedule, which currently is not happening.

As a CAV player, it would not make me very happy to see Reaper start to jump into a new arena so soon after telling us that you are trying to get the game (I include the minis in this) we have been waiting for for a long while, especially when there has been such a history of flux and not following thru.

I choser the Mecha battlesuit one because I figured it could be be easily added to AICom while also be able to run on its own.

One thing I don't see up on the list was an aerial combat game. Since Crimson Sky has fallen to the wayside (both FASA and Wizkids) I think it opens up a huge market (well maybe not huge per se).

I also agree with DChiHorn about not getting carried away with making to many games only to negelic (or however its spelled) the older ones. WHich is why I went with the Battlesuit idea.

I went with the "Rifles and Eagles" because the tech-level will cover most combat from 1720-1845, including the Alamo/San Jacinto. French and Indian wars skirmishing is awesome!

I've got my Victoria's Cross playtest set, so didn't need to vote on that one ::P:

Naval Rules will also be most appreciated!

OoOOoo French and indian skirmishing would be neat - since that has quite a bit of history pertaining to this area.

Conquest Miniatures has some really neat indians comming out in their 500 Nations line of figures.

I don't think we've ever played any Seven Years War games. Every year we try to get a gaming day at Fort Niagara and play games that pertain to historical periods of when the fort was in operation, and that would definately be cool.