New green ( WIP almost there )

SIGIL

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone... Not trying to snub criticisms but I had " intended for the fig to have a kind of cartoonish exaggeration to it's anatomy. you know the disproportionately large upper body and smaller lower body.. I think I missed that mark though... Maybe had I given the fig an over all smoother and minimalistic look maybe that would have shown through better.....

Thanks everyone... Not trying to snub criticisms but I had " intended for the fig to have a kind of cartoonish exaggeration to it's anatomy. you know the disproportionately large upper body and smaller lower body.. I think I missed that mark though...

If that's the look you were trying for, then I think you hit it dead on.

I think what it is, is that it looks like the length of the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone aren't quite the same.. the upper leg looks too short, the lower leg and feet look more proportional.

That coupled with the fact that the top half is rather in scale - and I think that is where you lose the cartoonish feel of the model. I think if you widened the top a little more, it might have helped. Thrudd has that cartoony feel to him.. big muscley barbarian, little tiny head.

Definately great work, I'm completely in envy of your skills.. I wish I had the skill set to even to basic conversion work in green stuff.

Thanks for the compliments Saintrigger and Nanite.

I have another underway at the moment that I will hopefully have ready to show in the next two days. This time I paid special attention to getting the most realistics proportions I could, only exaggerating to the point that most comic book artists would.

And to Saintrigger..... believe me man you have more skill than you allow yourself to believe. Natural artistic ability does not exist. ALL artists begin with the same degree of talent and skill, it takes time, dedication, study, and passion to achieve, more or less of each of these will yield different results. Look up my beginning stuff at CMON under SIGIL, you will see that I started out with nothing more than the most meager ability.

Practice, practice, practice! If you tell yourself that you CAN achieve eventually you will.:D