livingminis

Thuusia the Mistress

Interesting piece, nice flesh tones and the blue compliments the purple quite nicely.

One thing to remember though is that all minis containing nudity like this need to be linked from another site. You can't post them in here directly as you have done. You may want to change that, one of the mods will if they see it first.

nice paint job... i like nmm copper thing you have going there and the skin tone is great...

i think the sculpt has a really horrible man face though...

Nice paint job but this is a very ugly sculpt. Mateybob has that right - that's an old man face... and the staff is just strange.

i like the belts though... those look really cool... just a pity about the head... and why does chaz always sculpt silicon boobs?

I agree mateybob. When I look at the boobs - the gravity/physics of them is just wrong and unnatural. It feels as though he's rolled two balls of green into exact spheres and plastered them on. Even someone with a boob job wouldn't look this way (PM me links where they do - just kidding). It's a pity because the rest of the mini is really cool (as with his other sculpts with busts).

:blink: Is that a confrontation mini? I don'e recognise it...

I think I agree with everyone else... The painting's good, but I don't know what to think of the sculpt... Not sure that it appeals to me.

The lower part reminds me of Lulu from Final Fantasy X/X-2...too bad the rest doesn't... :lol: The paint job is great, but it's kinda let down by the base (the same problem I often have). Even in a wasteland, there's bound to be something (like some rocks or dead plants) to break up all that grey. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to generate some interest.

I was not sure what to make of the staff

Unless I'm mistaken, the staff is a "man-catcher", which allows the wielder to capture and control an opponent/target/victim from distance. It's that or something similar, or at least it looks like it. The ring is actually a collar or something else that fits around an opponent, the spikes are there to keep the target from struggling, or more likely in this case, to deal damage. I think the blocky lump in the ring is actually flash and can be removed…I think.

That said, your interpretation is just fine. Your color choices, highlights, and NMM treatment are all well-done. I like the finished figure. Congratulations!

So to does the fantasy fig finder (perhaps it needs an update). As for the item being missed flash it doesn't appear to be not according to the reaper store.

http://www.reapermini.com/store/customer/p...0&cat=54&page=1

So I really have no clue what it is But with a little conversion work it could become a man-catcher or make a good grown for a Lady of Pain style figure (see Planescape)