Bennett Michael Pierce

kit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty cool. I am glad you are getting this time with Bennett. I continue to pray for you and your family, and think of you daily. You just tell that bugger to keep fighting . You had better save some vacation for when you get to take Bennett home cause you are going to need to recover form this massive emotional road. God Bless.

Bennett has a large and faithful following, here, Kit. He's got a lot of people pulling for him, and we will continue to do so. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

TINY feet! ::o:

I also hope that Christopher and Moira are doing well, also. I know it has got to be a trying time for them as well. *HUGS* to whole family!

Prayers and hopes from KC,Mo too.

If its any bit of hope both me and my lil bro were preemies.

He had some major complications, 3 months early and etc., but he ended up being one of the toughest people I know. Seems all the preemies I've known have been stubborn fighters, so hopefully Bennett will show all his woes whos boss. ::):

Never give up hope.

• Super Administrators

We're in the "no news is good news" stretch, which is a big reason for few updates -- there's just not that much to tell.

He's growing, still on the vent, but off of all IVs and other such lines. Last we checked, he was up to 2 lbs. 3 oz. and eating about 18ccs every three hours. The big thing he's dealing with is a kind of emphysema fairly common with kids born as premature as he is. So we wait for his lungs to grow, and as they do, his O2 goes down, his ventilator settings become less aggressive, and we eventually get a chance to hold him.

We're still several months from being able to take him home. I expect the end of May or beginning of June, barring any major surprises.

Here we are. More updates as they come.

DCP_1441.jpg

kit