Sign in to follow this  
JoeGKushner

Chicago Painters?

So are there any painters in the Chicago land area? I've been meaning to try and kick my efforts up a notch but feel that as is, I'm about at the extent of my abilities and patience. I know we've got a couple hobby shops in Chicago via the various Gamer's Paradises and of course, Games Plus, which has it's own painting thing (on the day I can't make it), so thought I'd see if anyone else was around.

Check out The Illinois/Midwest Mini Painters Society (IMMPS for short). You are in a very fortunate area when it comes to minipainters.

IMMPS meets every Friday.

Some of the members that frequent this board are Eastman,Skya, Paintminion, Ghost Rider (me) and other that I can't remember their board names.

Send a message to Paintminion for more details

Give me an email and we can set you up with more info on who we are and what we do as IMMPS. As our local game shop where we met has gone away, we've been meeting at a member's home. We're still looking for another place, but we're pretty spread out over the area so meeting place is, as you can guess, never going to work for everyone.

Still, we're gamers and painters, and happy to work with new members.

And hey, fellow IMMPS, do they still paint at the GW Battle Bunker on Tuesdays? That's another option.

I'm also trying to work out workshops at the local Hobbytown for me...good space, but no music and very light on minis and paints at the moment...but they're working on changing that since I started bugging them about it. ;-)

There is Adepticon in Rosemont coming up in March...I think? Lots of good classes being given there and another good place to meet fellow area painters.

Hope all that helps...you are not alone!!!

Sue...IMMPSChief

And hey, fellow IMMPS, do they still paint at the GW Battle Bunker on Tuesdays? That's another option.

I think they do, but I dont stop by there more than once in a blue moon so I wouldnt know for sure.

... and of course, Games Plus, which has it's own painting thing (on the day I can't make it), so thought I'd see if anyone else was around.

The Games Plus painting group wasn't always on Wed. so it may be possible to find another day for painting there, or it may move days again in the future.

Hey Old Geezer! Sorry, but I can't make it to Little Wars this year, but I'll wave in your general direction!

And Frankthedm, Games Plus Friday nights doesn't work for me... which is why we meet at a friend's house much closer to my location instead. Still, somebody should talk to Games Plus about setting up space for a different night for painters to meet other than Wednesday...

So are there any painters in the Chicago land area? I've been meaning to try and kick my efforts up a notch but feel that as is, I'm about at the extent of my abilities and patience. I know we've got a couple hobby shops in Chicago via the various Gamer's Paradises and of course, Games Plus, which has it's own painting thing (on the day I can't make it), so thought I'd see if anyone else was around.

I am one of the people that set it up for Wed Nights at Games Plus.. one because the table was available.. and two it seemed good for the people involved at the time. Saturday nights at Games Plus is a bit crowded.. and the table is not always available because of tournements and such.. plus they do not keep the room open as late. Friday night we might be able to pull off.. I will talk to Curt about it tomorrow night.. even though I might not be able to attend them all I will try to make it to at least two a month if that is the case and we can set it up that way. (not that you would want me there any ways hehe)

Also if anyone is interested in coming to Games Plus on Wed nights the more the merrier :)

We welcome one and all of any talent :)

I wish I did not have a mobility problem or I would come to IMPS too.. I heard alot about that from a person that comes to the Wed Night Gatherings ... and From Ghost Rider too :)

He says it is the bomb!

-jon

Nikmal & I know each other. The store is an hour from me. It is where I do almost all of my game shopping, but it is too far for weekly painting. I had gone a few times and will probably go again, but not regularly. The sad part is the I only know of one game store closer and it has no gaming area. The other three went out of business.

Nikmal & I know each other. The store is an hour from me. It is where I do almost all of my game shopping, but it is too far for weekly painting. I had gone a few times and will probably go again, but not regularly. The sad part is the I only know of one game store closer and it has no gaming area. The other three went out of business.

Yea I live quite the ways from the Game Store too.. I am in Gurnee area. I am more then willing to host any night except wed night and tuesday night here for painting at my house too.. if anyone lives in the area or wants to drive up to it. I have plenty of room.. and druing the summer you might even be able to get me to BBQ for us if we were to paint during the day sometime :) ( I was even the head chef of a resteraunt for 12 years before I blew my knee out badly) If you would like to paint at my place.. drop me a line via email ok :)

-jon