Chicago Painters?

JoeGKushner

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I feel bad now that I haven't been able to make it to the painting on Friday. Cursed life keeps getting in the way. Thankfully I was able to go to Games Day at the old Games Plus and do a little catch up.

Boy did you do some Catch-up to!!! I was very impressed... I thought that you might have super glued your self to the table at one point hehe :)

-jon

I also live in the Chicago area, and paint with the IMMPS group, or at least I used to :B): I've unfornately haven't been able to meet with them in some time, due to a variety of reasons.

Anyway, when things settle down, I will be getting together with them one again to get some painting done.

Chicagoland/Midwest Painters!

Just pointing out that Adepticon, although a GW Club event, is a fantastic place to take classes and meet other painters. Although I'm not giving a class, I'll be hanging out with Jen for a bit on Saturday, and she IS giving classes, as are many other painters, including Victor Hardy.

Check it out... Adepticon 2005

Is it my imagination, or are the prices for registration difficult to find? Look at the home page. Look at the Registration Page. Do you have to start registering before it tells you how much the tickets are?

What type of registration do you need if you're just interested in the painting sessions?

Chicagoland/Midwest Painters!

Just pointing out that Adepticon, although a GW Club event, is a fantastic place to take classes and meet other painters. Although I'm not giving a class, I'll be hanging out with Jen for a bit on Saturday, and she IS giving classes, as are many other painters, including Victor Hardy.

Check it out... Adepticon 2005

Thanks. I am glad you shared this. I signed up for a paint class and a Hirst Arts class. Is there a place to look to find out what trade shows are in the Northern IL area? If not what shows are you aware of in Northern IL?

Is it my imagination, or are the prices for registration difficult to find? Look at the home page. Look at the Registration Page. Do you have to start registering before it tells you how much the tickets are?

What type of registration do you need if you're just interested in the painting sessions?

I never had to think about it...in the email promotions it's all right there, I don't go to the website myself...I've gone ahead and sent them a note about it.

Sue

Well, next one that I know of is Adepticon. Maybe I'll make the IMMPS help me come up with a list of area conventions we all might go to. It would sure help me a lot as I want to go to more of them in the area! Especially RockCon this year. I do wish I could have gone to Little Wars as tehre are lots of friends there, but alas, family stuff comes first.

Sue

Heyas,

I'm getting back into painting after quite a few months out of the game, and live *in* Chicago, in the Lakeview area. A few friends of mine in a 4 block radius and I randomly get together to paint. Perhaps we can start up a urban painting group for those of us unable or unwilling to head out to Mt. Prospect or other suburban areas?

-rb