In terms of character creation, what sort of guidelines are there? Are we doing point-buy, random, etc? Also, this question is more general, I have NO experience with D20 Modern, but EXTENSIVE experience with D20 Fantasy (D&D). How difficult is the leap? Can I just wing it using the D20 SRD?

Damon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can give me the basic stats from D&D (strenght, charisma, con, etc), and some basic skills (basic, as in climb, sneak, and anything that is general enough for modern and fantasy), as well as anything that he is particularly good or bad at, then finally a bit about the character's background, looks, and personality, it should be fine. ::):

As for posting, I must say I will probably update at least twice, if not more, times a week (depending on how many people posts). If you can manage at least three or four posts a week, that's cool.

And thanks, stormhammer. I heed your wisdom! ^_^:;):

Damon, D20 Modern isn't all that different from D&D, and if you've played Eberron then you've got pretty much everything down pat. Only major differences, as far as I remember, are the Feats since there's lots of modern related feats.

Vinny, I've a couple of D20 Modern firearms books (Ultimate Modern Firearms and D20 Weapons Locker). These include some cool feats, but if you haven't seen them then I understand.

And I assume we're first level? And how are we doing abilities? Points buy? Rolling? GM rolled?

And would you consider a change to the way Intimidate works? I'm only asking because I don't see how much Charisma you have is related to how intimidating you are, at least in a sense that someone who's ugly and brusque woudn't be just as good initially. Just a thought - it's my sole pet peve with D20 :o)

All players are first level. ::):

If you can, roll your abilities. If not, then I'll try to do it for those who can't. ^_^

As for intimidating, I'll just keep it as it is... Sorry man, just trying to keep it simple. ::(:

I can start the game as soon as Friday, if at least 5 people can get their sheets/descript in on time. Thanks. ::):

And would you consider a change to the way Intimidate works? I'm only asking because I don't see how much Charisma you have is related to how intimidating you are, at least in a sense that someone who's ugly and brusque woudn't be just as good initially. Just a thought - it's my sole pet peve with D20 :o)

Its not necassarily looks, but strenth of personality. Nixon was ugly as sin but rather charasmatic.

At least, thats my two cents

You want mutt-ugly and charismatic? Henry Kissinger. The guy was a wart with legs, but as he said it 'Power is the greatest aphrodisiac'.

Personally, I think he would go to cocktail parties and say to the women 'Any ex-boyfriend you've got? I make a phone call, and they disappear....'

--LSH

Ok, vinnieman! I am game. Tell me where to punch in my basic character Idea. Same as we discussed last night.

Welcome aboard, Ian. ::):

Good call.

would twice a week be ok? Thats really all I can do right now.

Two post a week is alright, but if the situation is tense, I'll need to PM you to tell you about it, or just roll ahead for a basic action (shoot, or the safest road).

BTW-

Just for clarifications, this game is not set in the present time we live in after a new rise of Communism in Russia. It's rather set in an alternate Cold War scenario with the basic "What if the Cold War did escalate, and the Soviet did gain a foothold?" in mind (like Red Dawn, and the Red Scare in the 80s). ::):

Just so everyone knows. Thanks. ^_^

Yeah, I thought of something like that, but at 1st level you'd be lucky to make a realistic recruit during his first week of training.

It's the problem with all level based games, but it's doable in an abstract sense :o)