Good Game to get you in the Mood.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much the mechwarrior for me as the mechcommander for a CAV Lead-in.

Commanding a force of combined Mecha, vehicles, aircraft, artillery strikes, and scouting assets is far more in tune with what CAV is about than piloting a single (albeit enourmously powerful) engine of destruction.

Not so much the mechwarrior for me as the mechcommander for a CAV Lead-in.

Yeah I would definately agree on that... In fact for some reason mechcommander feels more like CAV to me than it does Battletech...

Of course... toast seems more like Battletech than most of the electronic conversions have....

But in front missions you control "sections" of CAV's or mecha. Fighting everything from tanks to 'copters to other CAV. Mechcommander seems a lil boring compared to Front Missions 3 and 4 for PS2. FM4 has defensive fire, Air Strikes, and bombing...Everything you can think of. I encourage all of yall to grab FM4 when you can... or if you can find FM3 then GRAB IT! its well worth it.

But in front missions you control "sections" of CAV's or mecha. Fighting everything from tanks to 'copters to other CAV. Mechcommander seems a lil boring compared to Front Missions 3 and 4 for PS2. FM4 has defensive fire, Air Strikes, and bombing...Everything you can think of. I encourage all of yall to grab FM4 when you can... or if you can find FM3 then GRAB IT! its well worth it.

Is the release version of FM4 significantly different from the demo that they released through the Square website? I was a big fan of FM3, but that demo completely turned me off to getting the sequel.

I have one of the "wanzer" Action Figures (and I've wondered what scale they are). Used to be I had a whole set, but I sent four to a guy in Denmark for a trade and he never sent me anything back in return. So cause of him I'm out the figures and $80 in shipping costs. The figures are big enough to use as light CAVs in 1/60 scale.

FrontMission04.gif

gorgon2.sized.jpg

Another compy game in the works is Starsiege 2845, the long awaited sequel to Starsiege. It was just announced this week that rather than settle for being an expansion pack to Tribes Vengeance, SS2845 will be developed as a stand alone game with new engines. An "alpha" demo is scheduled for next month.

And by the way, I already have this HERC as a mini. Maybe I'll stat it out one of these days...