Spring 2005 Mini Exchange

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda off topic but has anyone gotten word about Digital's wife and new baby. he hasnt posted nething since she was rushed to hospital just wondering if alls well or not. hope everythings allright.

I haven't heard anything, either. I hope everything is OK.

hah.. i finished mine a while back..lol

i didnt want to run into the issues im having now... i have like 18 minis in various states of paint..

all are primed, but only a few have any paint on them!

i made a bit order... lol

I've run into a bit of a snag. Procrastination and honestly being a little busy may turn out to be good things for once, or it may just be a case of being behind after all.

I had a concept for my mini before [email protected] handed out the assignments. Once I recieved the name of my recipient, I decided to stick with my original idea, even though I knew my recipient has a favorite theme. I know she/he :) does paint and own other minis. Now that I have all the bits scrubbed, the flash and mold lines cleaned up and everything is ready to base, prime, and paint, I'm starting to second guess myself and think of doing something more in line with my recipient's preferred theme.

What to do, what to do...? I spent some time tonight online and looking through CW to generate some ideas. I have some new ideas, but I may just fall back on my original concept, and hope he/she likes it. I know that the surprise is part of the spirit of the exchange, but I'd like to send something that will be appreciated, and, since I paint to a tabletop standard instead of display quality, hopefully may see some game time action. I'm deciding, but I'll nail it down and get something in the mail soon.

Ha! I've come up with another idea that will still involve a little conversion, will be fun to paint, should turn out very cool, and fit in well with my recipient's collection. Hopefully, she will even see some game time. I hope so.

I'm looking forward to working on her. I need to make a trip to the Guardtower (FLGS) tonight on my way home.

OK people, this is just a friendly reminder, that we have just over a month left. The weather is getting warmer and finding time to paint only gets harder this time of year. Most people have not finished yet. Lets make a concerted effort to knuckle down and work on our exchanges.

Please, if you know you cannot finish it on time, let me know.

PS. Don't make me turn into Ty Pennington with the bull horn.

Concept #2 is well under way. All of the flash and mold lines (well, most, grrr...) are cleaned up. I need to hit a spot or two again and get rid of some mold lines I missed. This is maybe the most ambitious conversion I've embarked on to date. Others have done more complicated and involved conversions, but I haven't, so it's been something of an adventure. She's coming together better than I anticipated. I'm hoping to make big progress this weekend.

I'm looking forward to sending her off and finding out how she's received.