Sign in to follow this  
TheFallen

Miniatures You are Forbidden to have

So, are there any figs that you can not get for any reason? I know some people will not buy figs that have nudity or look demonic, so I thought I would just see what others feel about it.

For me, I can never hope to own any sort of spider-like fig. The Spidercentaur, not going to happen. Giant spiders, no way. Spider familiar, had it, and it disappeared. Why you ask? Simple, my fiance. She is deathly afraid of spiders. I mean, in all honesty, she would push into the webs to get away from a spider. I have never met anyone with arachnaphobia before, until her.

So, no Spider minis for me.

Fallen

I absolutly will not buy any mini I don't like. Everything else is on the shopping list. ::P:

I really hate spiders too (especially when they show up on the shower wall right after I get the water turned on-stupid sneeky spiders- fortunatly for me I have two bathrooms) but I really like the Spider Centaur and Spider Centaurs in general. I am currently working on a conversion of it, and it may even be done someday. :lol: Just plain old spider minis don't do much for me- but they don't scare me either. I know- it's weird.

As for the base thing, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just as likely to cut the base off and do something different with it any way. The slotta bases are easier to do this with, but I have a Dremmel and fear no base. -_-

Up until now I wouldn't do any fig that was ment to be pretty. Now it looks like I will do anything ::(:

Yeah for me the Miniatures I would love to have are Excalibur's erotic line, and some of their sci-fi minis. Problem is, the only place here in the US where you can order them is New Wave and I refuse to do business with them after all the bad things I have heard about them. So I just sit back and hope some day that someone else decides to sell them here in the US.

I can have any miniature I want or desire. Now, whether a particular miniature is worthy enough to be owned by me is another matter entirely. ::P:

I would say there isn't a mini out there that is forbidden for me, but with small children in the house now, I would say erotic ones would be a good start, thou I still buy the nudees thou!!!

my kids don't bother my minis, so they are cool, one day I would like to show them the hobby & maybe even get them into gaming but I'm not gonna force the issue on to them (besides one is 6 almost 7 the other is 2 1/2!!! ha ha)

Randy M

It's not so much that I am "forbidden" to purchase certain minis - simply a personal ethical belief. Overtly evil/demonic and erotic miniatures are things that I feel have no place in my home, and choose to not purchase such things.

I won't buy a miniature that costs too much. I'm staring at you Confrontation! Why does this line cost an arm and a leg anyway (not sure how much it is for you Americans)? Just a principle I have I guess but some dude riding a horse is not worth $59AU! A unit of 6 tiny goblins is not worth $119AU! I refuse to burn money like that.

Okay, looks like you're gettong screwed on the old exchange rate there smittenkitten. Confrontation figures are actually competitive (as in cheaper) than GW figures of the same general size. Quality, Confrontation has GW beaten six ways from sunday.

I refuse to buy a figure I don't think I can use. I used to buy anything which took my fancy, but I've soooooo many suits of disjointed power armour (the Search for Perfect Power Armour is never ending don't ya know) which I'll never use I've stopped. Only exception is big dragons - and Perfect Power Armour, if someone ever makes it.

Otherwise, anything with so much detail I think it detracts from the look or feel of the figure - so that means 99.99% of fantasy figures and all GW, plus several other companies.

But aside from those two restrictions, anything goes - preferably with big guns too :o)

I won't buy a miniature that costs too much. I'm staring at you Confrontation!

Ok I revise my pov from my last post. This is one reason.

I have bought only ONE Confrontation mini. I really liked the sculpt, so I picked up maybe 5 of the same. (orc riding a type of bull like creature) I brought them to the counter and I nearly flipped when I found out that the total was over $100! Needless to say I didn't buy them but I did fork over the dough for one. This will be the last Confrontation mini I will buy too.