Sign in to follow this  
FleeingMonkey

UNIT: Goblin Skeeters

I just had a quick look at the gobbie archers. Perhaps they wanted to throw their enemies off the fact that they can shoot by dressing up in hobo attire. :rock: Is that a slipper on one of the gobbie's feet? And is that a sock on one of their heads? I can't really tell from the picture.

Yes, that is a slipper (of the fuzzy kind), and yes that is a sock. Steve Page painted the slipper pink on one of his.

Your right just goblins.. but then again this is warlord in the world of taltos.. not GW standard worlds or any other fantasy world.

yes sure, but what i mean is do they really LOOK like the best archers in taltos?

but then i guess yoda doesnt look like the most powerful jedi either ::P:

Your right they don't and yoda didn't and let's go a bit deeper, Did Aragorn look like a king? That is one of the things about all fantasy is things don't always appear as they are. And on another note just cause they can prove they are better archers to the orcs for survival doesn't mean the orcs are going to grace them with Elven robes. They simply grant them longer life until they run out of other worthless gobos to beat up and occassional eat perhaps in ruff times.

Actually yes in the lotr books Aragorn is frequently described as appearing kingly (is that a word?). I dont know why youre choosing to argue with me so much in this thread but i guess ill clarify what i mean. Yes its fantasy and it doesnt have to be realistic, however a certain degree of realism certainly helps. It would we silly if a halfling beat a giant in an arm wrestling match (save perhaps some magical intervention) simply because the giant has so much larger muscles (not to mention the lengths of their arms). Similarly i feel its silly that those little hobo goblins are more powerful than any other grunt in the taltos world. Thats just my opinion though and its nothing to get worked up about.

Hehe I still say, goblin power, it's good to see a small race get a lil love besides insanity that so many books, systems and worlds give the poor mini green skins! I'm still waiting on a MMORPG that actually lets you roll a goblin...

Actually yes in the lotr books Aragorn is frequently described as appearing kingly (is that a word?). I dont know why youre choosing to argue with me so much in this thread but i guess ill clarify what i mean. Yes its fantasy and it doesnt have to be realistic, however a certain degree of realism certainly helps. It would we silly if a halfling beat a giant in an arm wrestling match (save perhaps some magical intervention) simply because the giant has so much larger muscles (not to mention the lengths of their arms). Similarly i feel its silly that those little hobo goblins are more powerful than any other grunt in the taltos world. Thats just my opinion though and its nothing to get worked up about.

I'm sorry not trying to disagree with you I agree they may be a little more powerful then they deserve but at least there points reflect it. Bring Urga and 10 of them and you almost have 1000 pts. That's one thing I can say for em I hate when something is powerful and you don't pay points for them, ie: GW Dwarves. But I can't say I completely disagree with them maybe being too powerful but hey I also play orcs in most game systems and it's nice to get something with a little skill for once so I'll take what I can get even if it is a 64 points gobos.

But I still say it is a diferent game system in a different world and giving it slightly different rules and story line is what I like even if it strays from the generic standards. If I wanted the same old thing I wouldn't be playing warlord. If you think they are better then they should be according to lore that is fine by me. I'll agree but I still like 'em.