CAV2 Beta

Does CAV2 need a Critical Hit mechanic?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does CAV2 need a Critical Hit mechanic?

• Yes, with Variable Results (extra damage thrugh total destruction)
    • Yes, with Static Results (like an extra track of damage each time it happens)
    • No
    • Don't Care

:huh:  I don't know how to put this but... Criticals were already put back into the game for the second push.

Well, there's that legendary Reaper customer service for you. Any hints as to how it works?

Who says the Khan's cockpit is unarmored?  Just because its see through doesn't mean its armor.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Just because it's clear doesn't mean it's glass. Transparent Aluminium anyone?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still... A nice energy weapon should melt it. it doesnt matter. That should and i always the case for every vehicle. The cockpit is the most vital and vulnerable part of the vehicle. Find any piece of military armor that can withstand a 120mm shot to the cockpit...Armored or not. And at this scale a lot of those cannons are at LEAST 90-120mm. oh and remember... Incoming Fire has the right of way... ::P:

I'm against rolling any extra dice on principle, but that d3 extra damage is a nice blend of something quick and non-disruptive to game play as well as a random factor.

However, I feel that statistically d3 extra damage is a lot, especially when we consider things like overdrive. At best it should probably be d2 extra damage.

Ok how about d3 damage total instead of 1 + d3. (or the 1+d2 that you sugested)

Still... A nice energy weapon should melt it. it doesnt matter. That should and i always the case for every vehicle. The cockpit is the most vital and vulnerable part of the vehicle. Find any piece of military armor that can withstand a 120mm shot to the cockpit...Armored or not. And at this scale a lot of those cannons are at LEAST 90-120mm. oh and remember... Incoming Fire has the right of way... ::P:

It's Sci Fi, they ofcourse have transparent armor. If they didn't have transparent armor, why put a big fat canopy on it? If transparent armor didn't exist they would have ofcourse used external sensors placed on the outside of the vehicle, instead of a fragile window. So logic dictates that the armor that the "window" is constructed from is as durable as the other armor the CAV is constructed from, otherwise a "window" wouldn't have been used at all. Crit. hits can still simulate lucky hits to a vital area (for example the cockpit, engine or computer system)

Several options were tested but we went with a die roll but no chart mechanic that we're calling "Critical Hit Damage." The system usually results in only a single point of extra damage but in extreme cases (high current RAV versus low current DV like a small model or a heavily damaged one) will usually result in the Model that has been hit being removed. The only caveat is that Infantry Models can only be "critted" by Shredder SA Models.

I'm glad to hear this got put back in.

Any chance a Rotary Gauss Cannon SA got added to go along with that? ::D:

I think that one's being handled as a combination of "Hunter" and "wrecker" chrome.

The Rhino, Emperor and Duelist are the only models to have wrecker, all three also have hunter, and off the top of my head they're the only three existing models with mutliple barrel Gauss Cannons (not GGC's, which got Shredder).