Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

RED MENACE

Spends the next few seconds moving away from the about-to-explode truck and keeping an eye out for Russians pointing guns at him until he can grab an AK off the ground.

The firefight was now coming to a close, as the insurgents eliminated most of the Soviet troopers. A few Russians had already dropped their weapons to the ground, their hands in the air...

Jake, Nicholas:

The smell of gas grew much stronger, and the truck, still slightly moving, ground its front bumper against the concrete wall. A spark emitted, and landed on the exposed gasoline, igniting a flame...

As Jake and Nicholas began running away from the ruined vehicle, the explosion shattered the air, and tossed them off their feet, dropping them on the snow-covered asphalt.

As Jake recovered, he noticed a large, rectangular shadow of an object located somewhere above his head. The shadow grew bigger as the object got closer...

Jake rolled away just in time, as the airborned footlocker slammed onto the ground, smoking and crumpled at spots. If not for his last-minute roll, the locker's heavy metal bulk would have turned Jake's head to mush...

Both Jake and Nicholas stood up to find themselves staring at three insurgents. The three Resistance members raised their guns, two of them aiming at Nicholas (who was armed).

"Drop the gun. On your belly, the both of you!" one of them shouted. His accent was American.

The Rest:

As Daniel walked closer to Ian and the rebel detaining him, more insurgents ran up to them, and raised their guns. The one who was aiming at Ian heard his pleas, and shook his head, bringing his gun to aim at Daniel.

"I can't take the chance. Put the rifle down, and get on your belly NOW!" he ordered grimly.

Brad and Gel were also surrounded by the armed Resistance members, one of them ordering Gerald to put his gun down and for Brad to step away from the wounded Soviet.

You all noticed that there was only five Russians still alive. One of them was Yevnig, now being tended by an insurgent medic.

Brad notices that this medic was not as skilled as he was, but it seemed the insurgent soldiers would not let him (Brad) take care of the severly-wounded man...

The other four Soviets, Vasily included, were disarmed and forced to lay down on their belly.

Brad backs away from Yevnig without any sign of resistance. Talking to the resistance soldier "You need to assert more pressure on the wound or it will keep bleeding. Don't forget to address the exit wound, the bullet seemed to miss an major organs." (OOC - trying to assiste him in his healing efforts)

Looking at Yevnig, Brad asks him questions to test for alertness. "Where are you from? Do you have a wife or kids? How old are your kids? Have you had time to hike throught the local mountains. You know the Appalation trail goes through the western part of the state. I hiked it one summer a few years back, it really is beautiful. How about the islands off of the coast? My family had a summer house before the occupation. What did you do before you were a soldier?......

Brad:

The insurgent medic looked up, assumed that Brad at least sounded like he knew what he was talking about, nodded, then continued working on his Soviet patient. He pulled out a knife, gauze, and other such medical equipments from his medic's kit, then went to work on his patient...

Looking at Yevnig, Brad asks him questions to test for alertness. "Where are you from? Do you have a wife or kids? How old are your kids? Have you had time to hike throught the local mountains. You know the Appalation trail goes through the western part of the state. I hiked it one summer a few years back, it really is beautiful. How about the islands off of the coast? My family had a summer house before the occupation. What did you do before you were a soldier?......

"What... what are these... ques... questions f-... for?" he asked, his weak voice both impatient and confused.

"Is this anot... another... Am... American... joke?" he asked with a chuckle/cough.

Daniel laughs a bit and lays the AK on the ground. "See, see I'm surrendering the weapon." he said almost insultingly. He then raises his hands above his head and backed about 10 feet from the gun. "Once again, see, see I'm distancing myself from it so there is no chance of me picking it back up," Daniel again told the insurgent with half insult. Finally Daniel laid down in the snow on his stomach with his hands above his head.

"Whoa, dude, I'm a good guy." Jake says as he starts brushing himself off

"Did you know that it's not a good idea to shoot thhe driver of the moving truck that you're in?"

"You guys showed up just in time, they were about to place us in front of a firing squad."

"Who's in charge here?"

Makes a show of moving my fingers away from the trigger guard and holstering my gun.

"I'm a Brit, I'm on your side lads." I say as pleasantly as possible while smiling the high wattage smile.

"Easy guys, I'm putting down the gun." Says Gel as he removes the clip and cycles the action to remove the round in the chamber before putting both on the ground and kicking the gun away from him. "Glad you showed up when you did."

Ian, continues yelling trying to convince the Insurgent with the rifle trained on him that he is American and that he just stole the jacket off the body of the commisar simply to try and keep warm.

Grad looks around at his travel companions looking to see if anyone is wounded. "Anybody get hit by stray bullets? It is imporatnat to bind the wound and stop the bleeding as soon as possible. It is easy to get light headed from a loss of blood. It causes a chain reaction that........." Brad keeps talking until someone interupts him

Ian begins to get very sleepy from the cold snow that he is now lying in. His screaming voice begins to soften and slur as unconsciousness begins to creep up on his severly hypothermic body.

His skin at this point is a pale blue and his breathing is getting very rapid and shallow.

It is obvious to anyone with medical knowledge that if he is not warmed up soon, the insurgent maybe able to save is assault rifle rounds, because the cold is going to do him in.

I am an.... amer....ican..

I am a fre...eee...eak....n..... Ame....ame...

Daniel continues to lie on the ground. He hears Ian's voice begin to fade. He yells at the Insergent "HEY BUDDY SOMETHIN'S NOT RIGHT WITH HIM. SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG. JUST HELP THE GUY OUT OK. I PROMISE NOT TO MOVE"

Brad runs toward Ian, ignoring any commands made by the armed men. "Get up Mister, sitting down will be the death of you. You need to keep moving." Helping support Ian, Brad walks him around, making sure to keep him moving.

"He must have gotton dehydrated during the long trip in the truck. Or, the cold air blowing on him could have caused it. Either way, we need to get this guy warmed up." Brad looks around to see if any of the strangers are wearing hats, if not, he will ask someone to "Hey, you, get that hat off the dead russian and bring it to me."

Ian continues, in a state of half consciousness, to murmur, "I ....I am an American.... I am an Amm..american..."

Ice crystals have formed in his hair and now the front of the dead commisars jacket that he had stolen, was soaked and partialy refrozen, as was all the clothes that he had on for nearly a week now, being a pair of Jeans and a t-shirt.