Minis You Would Like To See Part II

Kheprera

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone asked for a riding camel and a pack camel loaded with gear?

Also, I'll second an earlier request for some mounted figures.

Plus, I'd like to see a selection of men and women's legs (from the waist down) in various boots and robes and such. Then I can just cut off the top half of a dismounted model, and pin it to a pair of legs to fit a miscellaneous mount. I used to do that regularly when I painted Warhammer figures.

I like to do the mix an match thing. That's why I'd like to see certain mini's that have a readily separable head, to maybe be molded with a separate head and a spare in teh blister. Give me a head for a young fella, an old fella and a fella with a hat, obnoxious or not.

Maybe a three pack of spare heads.

Obviously this idea doesn't work as well for long haired models or ones with cloaks and hoods...

An old historical company called QT tried the whole seperate head/gear/body thingy, but I don't think they pulled it off quite well enough. The problem is one of how do you make e generic body that will accept a wide range of stuff?

Also I'm almost positive pack camels have been done by someone else. If I had a choice between Reaper making a cool D&D compatable monster, and a pack-(anything), I'd go with the monster. I don't think Reaper should re-invent the wheel and do what other manufacturers are doing, but keep innovating instead...

Damon.

I’d like to see some boxed sets featuring the same character sculpted in several different poses. Same guy. Same gear. Exploring. Fighting. Resting. Riding. Etc.

These would be specifically for player character use. People could buy/use these sets for their most favorite long-term characters, swapping figures on the table depending upon what their character is currently doing.

(I don't know why, but it always bothers me when the characters are relaxing in the tavern, and on the table the monk figure is in mid-kick, and the fighter figure has his sword over his head.)

Example ideas for poses:

FIGHTER

1. Exploring – walking forward with torch held high

2. Fighting - with sword & Shield

3. Fighting - with bow

4. Out of armor, weapons sheathed, standing around at camp/tavern/town etc.

5. Mounted

6. Lying down/sleeping/unconscious/dead

ROGUE

1. Exploring - Creeping forward with a hooded lantern, looking for traps

2. Fighting - short sword and dagger

3. Kneeling, picking a lock or opening a chest

4. Sneaking or hiding in shadows, or just standing around looking guilty

5. Mounted

CLERIC

1. Exploring - with holy symbol held high (Also used for turning undead)

2. Fighting – with mace & shield

3. Casting a spell or performing a blessing, ritual, etc.

4. Resting/kneeling/praying

5. Mounted

Etc.

Rather than including a horse in each set, the mounted pose could be generic enough so that the figure could be mixed & matched with various riding horses, mules, camels and other mounts (all sold separately) or even perhaps seated on chairs or benches.

I realize it would be impractical to create sets like these for a large selection of different characters, (and make everyone whose looking for a female halfling barbarian psion happy) but maybe Reaper could start a special limited edition "Player Character" line and release just one "multi-pose" set for each of the core classes?

I’d like to see some boxed sets featuring the same character sculpted in several different poses. Same guy. Same gear. Exploring. Fighting. Resting. Riding. Etc.

These would be specifically for player character use. People could buy/use these sets for their most favorite long-term characters, swapping figures on the table depending upon what their character is currently doing.

(I don't know why, but it always bothers me when the characters are relaxing in the tavern, and on the table the monk figure is in mid-kick, and the fighter figure has his sword over his head.)

Example ideas for poses:

FIGHTER

3. Fighting - with bow

5. Mounted

ROGUE

5. Mounted

CLERIC

5. Mounted

Etc.

Rather than including a horse in each set, the mounted pose could be generic enough so that the figure could be mixed & matched with various riding horses, mules, camels and other mounts (all sold separately) or even perhaps seated on chairs or benches.

I realize it would be impractical to create sets like these for a large selection of different characters, (and make everyone whose looking for a female halfling barbarian psion happy) but maybe Reaper could start a special limited edition "Player Character" line and release just one "multi-pose" set for each of the core classes?

My god, that's brilliant.

I'd buy ten of these.

I’d like to see some boxed sets featuring the same character sculpted in several different poses.  Same guy.  Same gear.  Exploring.  Fighting.  Resting.  Riding.  Etc.

These would be specifically for player character use.  People could buy/use these sets for their most favorite long-term characters, swapping figures on the table depending upon what their character is currently doing.

Example ideas for poses:

FIGHTER

3. Fighting - with bow

5. Mounted

ROGUE

5. Mounted

CLERIC

5. Mounted

Etc.

I whole heartedly agree! If Reaper is going to market a whole line of mini's to role players, it would be neat to have alternate poses for similar PC types. However, not ever fighter uses a sword. My suggestion, open hands and weapon packs. I think it's been proposed before.

Example ideas for poses:

FIGHTER

3. Fighting - with bow

5. Mounted

ROGUE

5. Mounted

CLERIC

5. Mounted

Etc.

I too think that's an awesome idea! ^_^

Transit has a good idea here. It's good to dream big. I'd by a couple such sets.

I still miss the old figures in three poses, or young, medium and old- whatever you choose to call them. (I know some are still available, but not from Reaper.)

This is another situation where greater variation in the minis could be achieved with multi part figures: upper bodies, lower bodies and arm parts. Overall design would be a bit harder, in so much as the odd parts all have to fit together well yield up the "posable action figure" effect.

On the other hand, I'd be very happy to just have a big boxed set with a half dozen, complete and cool figures in it.

Some figures with bucklers. I was re-equiping one of my characters and decided to give him a buckler and then went looking for a mini with one ... still looking. According to the Figure Finder there is only one (a female) and I debate if she has a buckler. Maybe a swashbuckler accessory pack might be nice with rapiers, cutlasses, pistols, knives, bucklers, monkeys, parrots, peg leg, tricorn, spyglass, ...

Iain.