Minis You Would Like To See Part II

Kheprera

Has anyone released any male sea elves or any excuse for a male elf running around in nothing but a loin cloth? An incubus perhaps from Werner Klocke?

Or is mini painting still a male dominated hobby? And there's no room for sexy male figures?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone released any male sea elves or any excuse for a male elf running around in nothing but a loin cloth? An incubus perhaps from Werner Klocke?

Or is mini painting still a male dominated hobby? And there's no room for sexy male figures?

Yep, that's right - the guys would freak if they started doing cheesecake. :poke:

I like both Transit's idea and Lord Coldsteal's suggestion. I'd buy both of those. I'd buy an elf in a loincloth, too. ^_^

There are a few beefy barbarians with nothing but a loincloth & boots... but no bare rears... I'm assuming the cheesecake / beefcake thing is a reference to a g-string clad barbarian... woooood elf.... on some-such tom-foolery? There should be enough womyn-folk in the hobby to make it worthwhile, no?

Hrm, I think there's a Klocke male fairy out there and he's pretty bare... and there's a limited edition demon-chick with slave... hasslefree, right?

Okee.... done rambling

Oh heck, if we're talking about nekkid historical figures, then Foundry produces many "historical" figures. IIRC, some of their Vikings, Celts, Greeks, and I think some of their Germanic tribes. I forget if any of the Darkest Africa figures are... but thanks for the reminder...

Yes... now I remember...Apparently there were many foolishly brave nekkid men fighting wars in ancient times, eh?

Rgds,

How about an elf in a loin cloth playing a flute?

Sorry, I saw the post about the musical instruments then right after was the elf cheesecake/beefcake post. :rolleyes: It just popped into my head...and now I can't get it out! :lol: Oh well, I'm sure I wasn't the only one that thought of it...right?

Well.. didn't Reaper do a "cheeky" Dwarf or two?

Seems I recall quite a few of your basic Conan-type guys too ( and NO I don't mean Mr. O'Brian!)

Maybe it's just that I've matured beyond such shallow pursuits, but very little if any of my mental energy is spent wondering what's going on under Gragg's armour...

..um... where was I? Oh yeah... minis we want to see..um...

I was thinking the other day there might be a real niche for mounted adventurers ..not just knights on warhorses either..I men riders with tons of adventuring gear.. maybe even pack horses too.

How about a Bill-the-Pony? (okay so maybe the name would have to be changed).

How about a Bob the Pony!

I was thinking the other day there might be a real niche for mounted adventurers ..not just knights on warhorses either..I men riders with tons of adventuring gear.. maybe even pack horses too.

The idea was posted earlier about interchangable weapons and such. Maybe interchangable horse and riders? I kind of like that idea.

A Female half orc barbarian

An Uldras

Merfolk

Sea Elves (including sea drow . . . yes there is such a thing)

Is there a seacat yet? If not one of those would be nice

Some more female half orcs but make them beefy, muscly gals.

Draconians would be nice or half dragon minis

A horse. A regular horse would be nice. That way we don't have to buy the unicorns and file the horn off of them.

Casualties. Some dead guys for basing. You would not believe how hard it is to find them.

sailors. Not necessarily pirates but your average sailors would be nice. Some undead sailors too would be good.

Another Nymph maybe

Wemics would be way cool. A couple of female and male sculpts of wemics. (pg 197 Forgotten Realms Setting 3.0)

A Violet Fungus!

Definately getting more sea creatures would be nice. Dolphins, whales, merfolk, sea elves, fish even, a dragon turtle, etc.

I'd like to second the Saracen suggestion, and also suggest that some robe-swathed desert nomads (like the Tuareg) would be wicked cool.

Also seconded are Roman soldiers. Centurions, Legionaries, etc. Poses could include throwing a pilum, stabbing a gladius from behind a scutum, getting tooled by a Gaul ^_^ ... Maybe a Roman inspired wizard, wielding an Eagle standard as his staff. The gladiators are cool, but there's a difference in the equipment that picky History Nerds such as myself just can't seem to get over ::):

More swashbucklers also good. I'd buy a Mercutio mini.

Mongols would be cool. Mounted archers on smaller, wiry ponies instead of big warhorses. Maybe a 3-pack of one drawing a bow, one swinging a saber, and the other waving a command or pointing dramatically.

Gallic berserkers, basically nearly naked guys that are armed with a celtic style longsword and a round shield and nothing else, but with the long Gallic mustaches instead of Viking beards and no bearskins (I'd paint 'em blue for the woad). Gallic wizards, like Druids but maybe slightly more refined, more robe-y than leather-y, maybe with a raven familiar included.

Maybe some Templars styled after the earlier Crusaders with a Norman style Conical Helm (Kinda like the old Anhurians, but simpler) rather than the great helms.

I guess I'd like to see minis that could be used in a Fantasy version of the Real World.

Oh, yeah, and more dwarves with greataxes or great swords. I had a devil of a time tracking some down back around Christmas.

Kewl.

~J