Don't Panic! - and bring your towel

Neyuttad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot damn. I thought it was the same trailer as before... Ford seems like he will be okay, and Arthur too.

WHERE IS ZAPHOD'S HEAD???? How can they do that? Much of the storyline was about things trapped in his heads... The ship is all wrong. The Heart of Gold is supposed to be sleek like a running shoe...

Garrrrr I am so goign to hate half of this movie.

Just for the record, I still haven't watched new Galacticrap :grr:

WHERE IS ZAPHOD'S HEAD???? How can they do that? Much of the storyline was about things trapped in his heads... The ship is all wrong. The Heart of Gold is supposed to be sleek like a running shoe...

I thought the same thing, so much of what makes the character is the two heads. MAybe they gave him multiple personalities :wacko:

Maybe the second head is going to be digitally added in, and the trailer you are seeing is just cutting room floor material that hasn't been through all the editting process yet.

That being said...Zaph wthout two heads just ruins the entire movie for me. It is too much of a key part of the books.

But he does have two heads in the trailer. His normal head pops back like a PEZ dispenser, revealing the other head underneath.

And I really like the new Battlestar Galactica!

ETA: Trillian was in the BBC TV series? I completely don't rember her.

I was looking for something along the lines of "The Illustrated Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy." Zaphod had three arms, and two side-by-side heads fairly convincingly.

Sam Rockwell is one of my favorite actors though, so I'll be happy.

Finally got it to play.

I liked the beginning, though the Vogons just don't look as menacing as I'd always thought they would be. The more of the trailer I watched, the less impressed I got. I don't care about the color of Ford Prefect's skin, it was just something else. . .

And, BTW - someone should point out to them that the Hitchhicker's Guide sells better than the Encycopedia Galactica for two reasons: (1) it is slightly cheaper; and (2) it has the words "DON'T PANIC" in big red letters on the front. The book they show is missing the "don't panic".

And Vogon ships are yellow.

I'm with Zaphod - the BBC series was great fun. The low budget and cheesy effects actually worked in its favor IMHO. I've got a big soft spot for Simon Jones (Arthur Dent) and David Dixon (Ford Prefect). Mark Wing-Davey (Zaphod) was great too - funny to see him turn up as an accountant (!) on Absolutely Fabulous. I was really happy to note that Simon Jones has a voice credit in the new film.

The tv show is on dvd now, for those who haven't seen it.

I'm a little uncomfortable with Mos Def as Ford, not because he's black but because I'm afraid they'll lose the "Britishness" of the character. He isn't supposed to be British, but his very *name* is a joke that is really only funny to Brits. It's that sort of thing I'm afraid I'll miss - but at least the director is British, and most of the other actors, so maybe it won't be too bad after all.

::D: