Don't Panic! - and bring your towel

Neyuttad

Everybody does realize that it's probably gonna suck, right? Or at least not meet your expectations. I predict that the humor has been dumbed-down and the story changed significantly to reflect a 'buddy movie' or something. All that aside, I will go see it, and hope to be pleasantly surprised. I wonder who will get the part of Slartibartfast?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, men in black theme. Score must not be finished yet.

I always imagined a Vangelis score. Something along the lines of "intergalactic radio station." Ok, well anything from Direct really.

Bill is right - Alan Rickman provides the voice of Marvin, and if you've ever seen "Dogma" you know he's perfect for it. Warwick Davis provides the body of Marvin. I think I will miss the cheesy 80s Marvin suit; the new one looks a bit too sleek for my taste.

I would be a lot more worried about changes if Douglas Adams hadn't been so involved in the production before his death. It's true that the film wasn't really made until after his death, but one hopes that some of his enthusiasm carried on afterward to prevent the producers from scr*wing around with it too much.

I was a bit concerned when I saw that there was a new character played by John Malkovich, but then I read that Adams actually wrote that character in himself. After all, if you've heard the BBC Radio series, it isn't the same as the tv series, nor are the books identical to the tv series. Adams kept changing things every time he changed media.

::D:

Bill is right - Alan Rickman provides the voice of Marvin, and if you've ever seen "Dogma" you know he's perfect for it. Warwick Davis provides the body of Marvin. I think I will miss the cheesy 80s Marvin suit; the new one looks a bit too sleek for my taste.

D'oh! Didn't read far enough down the cast list on IMDB. Mea culpa. Rickman was a good vocal choice.