Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Conversion help (mini)

Just curious I bought Threvus yesterday for my project Sammy & I was wondering what a good way of gettin rid of his sword but leaving the hands intacts??

thanks

Randy M

I don't know the minature.. but with the mini's that I have chopped swords off, I have found that a pair of nail clippers work quite well.. and then I shave the rest of it flat with a stanley blade.. (and by nail clippers I don't mean the ones that are like scissors)

The problem, if I have the right mini in mind,is that the sword appears to be molded flatwise ontothe mini, so that removing it is not a trivial operation.

If you don't want the sword, I'd just grind it off, very carefully.  If you have a dremel, this should be much easier.

talked to frosch & I do have a dremel(clone) so I'll go that route with the parts that inbetween his hands, the skeleton's guitar is funky as wellskeleton guitar donner model

so this will be a little trick but I think it'll be funny in the end, thanks Reaper Ivy for the idea!!

Here Thervus as well

Thervus or Sammy H in my conversion

thanks for the ideas guys & epsically Frosch!!

Randy M

Hal-

I hope you can pull it off.  Are you a big Sammy Hagar fan?  I agreed with others' comments, the hand may prove difficult to work around, you might have to try and find a suitable replacement hand instead.

SK

What is the conversion your trying? it might be easier to make the new weapon/thing fit over the sword, than elminate it.

He's trying to remove a sword to swap out for a guitar. Link for the mini is in one of my above posts.

Hey guys

Duke Z I posted both minis in my previous posting. I'm doin a sword for guitar swap.

Stern  I actually like Sammy by himself better than with VH, I think he has better stuff as a solo person, besides have you ever looked at Threvus, he pretty much a 28mm clone of Sammy, face is sorta old & that hair, man if that isn't a whiteman afro then I have no idea what is  :p

Anyways I've clip most of the sword out of his hand yesterday, just need to use the dremel to smooth down the areas, I may just clip his hand out anyways & try & make some of my own, but I would need my sculpting tools for that & I'm waiting for those to arrive here + I need the skele anyways sooooo.

Been thinkin of colors for him, since Sammy was called the Red Rocker I'll proably paint him mostly red, I'll try & find a old SH picture & may try & copy that over.

later

Randy M

His website is RedRocker.com (Link).  You'll have to look around for a good pic, I didn't see one right away (without his new haircut).

"Hey this is the red rocker Sammy Hagar, welcome to my website."

That's kinda funny...