Sign in to follow this  
ixminis

Home Studio: Light Box

These are great ideas, and I used the water/milk just idea for the longest time, but I can't help but think this wooden one that you have made is just a heavy and unweildy monstrosity, cool looking though it is.

Its not exactly 'cheap' but at the same time, by the time you buy the material and find a place to permanently place that, I think a Light Tent might be a bit more realistic. I'll place a link below.

I bought one last week. LOVE it. Folds up into this little biddy pouch, but I got the large one 32"x32" and still it didn't break the bank (sold some minis on ebay). You can pick up ones half the size for half the money.

EBAY Light Tents - no I do NOT sell these ...

Yah, the wooden one is definitely NOT the "lowest short term cost" option. However, it's pretty dang good for the long-term. The ease of access buys back LOTS and LOTS of time... which equals money in my book... (because personal time is priceless).

In regard to it being an unwieldy monstrosity - YES!!! I thought I mentioned it somewhere else, but I'll gladly explain myself:

I NEED an unwieldy monstrosity of a light box. While I *can* make fairly precise motions when needed (painting) I like to relax and not worry about knocking things over the rest of the time (taking pictures). Another way of putting it is I'm a clutz and the box is big enough to resist my clutziness.

Rgds,