Franc Jeaunoir

SaintRigger

Going throuhg some old pictures and trying to clean up the color balances and stuff.. and it's been somewhat quiet here so I thought I'd post this picture. I did this model for a friend's D&D character.. it was one of my earlier attempts at NMM, and it was before I started using sand as a basing medium. It's also before I started using a blue gradient background and had one light-source.... but still it's not too bad. I really like the way the leathers came out on this.

WazRedux.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the NMM looks a bit rough, the contrasts are pretty good. It has a nice shimmery look to it. I like the browns of his cloths as they are a great match with the feel of the sculpt. It that is a black cloak it is too grey. If it is a grey cloak it is pretty darn good. I really like how the pale face just seems to pop out of the dark shadow of the hood.

While the NMM looks a bit rough, the contrasts are pretty good. It has a nice shimmery look to it. I like the browns of his cloths as they are a great match with the feel of the sculpt. It that is a black cloak it is too grey. If it is a grey cloak it is pretty darn good. I really like how the pale face just seems to pop out of the dark shadow of the hood.

It wasn't a pure black.. it was like a blue-grey black that was in the Ral Partha line of figures. I think it's called "Midnight black" It's actually a deep gray.

This is one of my favorite minis too. I've painted three versions! I did one (really bad) one when I started painting, a second one in pure black later (better, but still pretty bad) and most recently, one in plainclothes (brown cloak, white shirt). The most recent one lacked highlighting (I was more focused on getting the color where it belonged at that time). I might have to get a fourth and see what I can do with some real highlighting and shading.

I really like the shading on the clothing and the gem on the dagger.

Your basing looks like mine did the first time I used medium. Paint the "ground" next time a brown or other earth tone and put the grass on top. Also, I found that I get better results with the static grass than with that version (I can't recall the name, but I seldom use mine anymore). Also, I recently started putting a little grit on the base and putting the static grass around that.

This mini doesn't have a lot of room to work with on the base, so it won't take much material.

Thans for sharing and great pain job!

I really like the shading on the clothing and the gem on the dagger.

Your basing looks like mine did the first time I used medium. Paint the "ground" next time a brown or other earth tone and put the grass on top. Also, I found that I get better results with the static grass than with that version (I can't recall the name, but I seldom use mine anymore). Also, I recently started putting a little grit on the base and putting the static grass around that.

This mini doesn't have a lot of room to work with on the base, so it won't take much material.

Thans for sharing and great pain job!

Thanx dude.. ;)

This was just an early work I did waaaaaaay back when that I decided to clean up the picture of in photoshop.

It's very rare that I will now do a base without addind sand to it first. In fact, SOP is to sand, primer black and then paint up the sand (Using browns for earth, grey for urban or ash wastes etc) and then static grass or some other foliage type.

Since this was a very early mini, I'd just add glue and dunk in flocking ;)