WIP CAV

Nanite

After painting almost nothing but lil' spaceships, I decided to try some variety:

img4214cb13a5772.jpg

Still needs striping, detail work, and a base.

I was trying to ape the blending technique described here:CMON Article but I didn't thin one of the washes enough and it turned into the dogs breakfast. I think I was able to salvage it more or less though. I also intend to add some nicks and chunks as per the article.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments!

I was thinking of blue and pale green for striping, but I have yet to figure a scheme on the shoulders that doesn't look like an NFL uniform (nothing against the NFL, just not what I'm looking for).

THought I would do some sort of scorched-earth type base, with burt trees and things.

How does that sound?

THought I would do some sort of scorched-earth type base, with burt trees and things.

How does that sound?

That sounds good for the base.

The only suggestions I would make is to put black where the part can pivot. Looks like its all one piece. Other then that ditto on all comments so far.

Thanks Dargrin!

Update, now with 100% more stripes!

img421f6ed7894cb.jpg

I've been trying to wean myself off Micron pens to highlight panels, since they're kind of a crutch, and if I'm not being really careful they look sloppy, as in the above.

I was going to put a pale sea foam green stripe inside the white stripe, but it already looks a bit busy.

Let me know what you think!

The black lining is very bold and that is what makes it look so "busy" I think a very dark orangy brown linin migh have worked better, it might have looked more organic. Otherwise I think this looks pretty darned good. I would not put the stripe on for the same reasons you mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

Yup, will be wheathering in the future. And thanks for the suggestions and encouragement.

Oh and that is a .005 micron. I just either get sloppy with it. Or fill the entire panel line.

Of course, I've had lots of fun painting this, and collecting a new mini line is the last thing I need right now (lament of every mini painter/gamer, I know).

Edit: Oh and glad to see another MST3K fan!