Mage Knight Castles/Dungeons

Morgramen

So, how do these things shape up for use with Minis and Warlord/Mordheim games etc? I've been humming over them for a few weeks as they go through Ebay, but I've never seen one in the real before, and the pics are rather poor on Ebay.

Does anyone have any pics of these pieces in action?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should work fine. The Wiz Kids stuff is larger than "heroic" 25mm :rolleyes: and it does not look too bad. I just purchased WotC Map folio 3D to get some base buildings ad I also own a World works village kit. They will provide me with a bunch of card stock buildings, which are cheap and easy to transport.

Picture's kind of fuzzy, but at least there's an idea of scale.

wizkidscastle.jpg

As you can see, there's plenty of space on top of the battlements for figures on larger bases. The River troll's base barely takes up 1/8 of the open space on top of that tower.

I was just wondering how many Wall Sets it would take to assemble a decently worhtwhile castle? I figure one gatehouse will do, and a few of those round towers as $$ permits, but how many wall sets?

Actually you should call around to local stores or check the online stores. I know my local FLGS still has some of these in stock and I'm pretty sure my wife said she could still get them. There are a bunch sitting in distributor warehouses across the US.

Or, for the cost of plaster and a few molds...

www.hirstarts.com

With a gothic dungeon mold for bits, the wall builder mold, and round tower mold, you could make as big of castle you want.... ;)

Don't forget insane amounts of time to cast blocks, construct, and paint said castle.

Don't get me wrong, Hirst arts is cool, but I'm lucky if I spend an hour a night painting and assembling now. Too much of a time sink for me.

Or, for the cost of plaster and a few molds...

www.hirstarts.com

With a gothic dungeon mold for bits, the wall builder mold, and round tower mold, you could make as big of castle you want.... ;)

Don't forget insane amounts of time to cast blocks, construct, and paint said castle.

Don't get me wrong, Hirst arts is cool, but I'm lucky if I spend an hour a night painting and assembling now. Too much of a time sink for me.

But there are places where you can buy the kits. You'd still have to assemble and paint, but at least the pouring time would be eliminated.

Or, you could buy completed projects, or convince someone to build something to your specifications.

How big a castle are you talking about, anyway? (I have the old GW styrofoam castle, about 6 sets of the WK castles, and lots of hirst arts molds, so I have put together lots of castles of various sizes.)

I ordered 2 projects from these guys this spring. They were wonderful to work with. They have excellent email communication, answer questions, and mailed a quality product in a timely fashion. Can't ask for more.

Castle Kits

I bought the bridge and the ruins set. The bridge went together easily and looks great. The ruins are intimidating and I have not started them yet.