General: generating Buzz about WL

Ranzadule

I see Erion is off on other boards spreading the word about Warlord. What about the rest of yuz? I think this is a great game but it needs more buzz. The company will do what it can do but those of us who like the game and want quality opponents and events should feel free to pimp Warlord on other forums and at our LGS.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... I have even recruited my wife and best friend by offering to paint their mini's for them ...

You too, eh?

Lord Baasen and myself have been trying like crazy to get more people around here interested in Warlord. But Warhammer has a pretty firm grip on the mini-battles crowd around here. :down:

its not that i havent tried getting people here.. the problem i face being a trucker is lack of time... i get 4 days a month to plan my demos and games.. im lookin for a local job cause im tired of not having time to do the things i enjoy.. if i find a local job i might go to doing a demo or a game a week like willybob has... i got 2 stores i demo for so it wont take much to arrange games just need the time to do it

I feel special. I've had a handful of guys at the FLGS ask when the next Warlord demo is going to be!

And please, don't go spamming other message boards with Warlord/CAV info. I'm a member on some generic (and not so generic) gaming sites where I saw an interest and provided information. I've since gotten a reputation at those sites as a person "in the know" when it comes to Reaper products and become something of a go-to guy on one or two of them. If you see an opportunity, by all means use it, but don't just dump Reaper Game info where it may not be wanted. Especially if you're Black Lightning. You've got the reputation of the company as well as your own to think about.

Ok. Netiquette rant over.

^_^

*mental note... dont step on erion's toes* 

got it  :B):

Oh, step on my toes all you want when it comes to giving information to people who want it. It's just very bad manners to use up people's board bandwith to promote a game in which no one at the site has any interest

It's a little know fact that I'm an admin for an EZ-Board for the FLGS. We pay about $6-10 a month to keep the board free of pop-up ads, and any increase in the site traffic can cause a jump in the monthly fee (It's based on bandwidth usage). Now, we add and remove forums for games all the time as interest waxes and wanes, but when someone who's not a member of the community signs in and his first post is akin to "OMFG Chekc out this new Game/Site it ROxxORS!!!!!1111" I am not likely to take kindly to it.

We had one instance where a guy signed up for our board and posted an identical message in every forum with a link to a website of his that used banner ads to generate revenue. I was not at all amused. Website Traffic costs money, and unwanted website traffic can often be seen as a drain on resources. That's all I'm asking that you keep in mind when spreading the word online.

:ph34r:

I *think* violator was joking. ;)

I also thought the "don't spam" was a given but it is likely a good thing to mention. Don't force Warlord in, let it slip in naturally.

yes i was joking i dont even do that chat thing online anymore.. i only come on these forums...

ya know im trying to show a little sense of humar and so many keep takin me seriously.. do i got bad breath or something... :blink:

Oh, I know he was joking. I cut my message board teeth on Portent and Penny Arcade's SE++. There's pretty much nothing that can be posted online I'll take personally unless it's clearly intended as such.

The "no spam" is just something I feel very strongly about, so I wanted to make sure his levity didn't detract from it.

The internet is a beautiful thing when used responsibly.

I keep pestering a shop in my area, Cosmic Comics, but a certain Black Lightining rept is doing the Faire and is busy....:P

I'll still work on them though.

Plus I'm getting my son and his friend interested, they in turn, are getting more of their friends interested. So ... its going.

Lord Baasen and myself have been trying like crazy to get more people around here interested in Warlord. But Warhammer has a pretty firm grip on the mini-battles crowd around here.

What I don't understand is why Warhammer and 40K players can justify the money they spend on GW products. I ran a demo last week and a 40K kid came and watched. I started pointing out some of the finer qualities of Warlord, and finally got around to Warlord's relative inexpensiveness. I pointed out that the box of IG stormtroopers he had just bought cost $40, the same cost for a playable army from Warlord. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "Yeah, but 40K is fun".

Arrrrgh!

I can see I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Anyway, I'm done preaching to the choir.

I keep pestering a shop in my area, Cosmic Comics, but a certain Black Lightining rept is doing the Faire and is busy....:P

I'll still work on them though.

Plus I'm getting my son and his friend interested, they in turn, are getting more of their friends interested. So ... its going.

Where's your area? We have a Cosmic Comics around here, and I'm wondering if you just aren't missing us.