General: generating Buzz about WL

Ranzadule

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While in an ideal world we could do everything, we are hindered by limitations of space, finances and people.

We felt attempting to host two tournaments at each convention would not give the best possible experience for the players and not offer enough non-tournament alternatives.

It was a judgement call we made in August 04 when planning for this summer season began and it will be reviewed after all our activities are completed this season.

We have several non-tournament options on the schedule. If you bring nothing, we have everything you'll need to play. If you bring your own figures and wish to use them instead of the ones we provide, we'll work with you to find a way to accomplish that.

A good way to sell it to WHFB people: "Look, it's a cool game, you can use your Warhammer figures for it, all you need is a squad or two and have a nice quick skirmish instead of having to paint up five hundred models for a huge battle."

Hell, half my Darkspawn army is GW Dark Elves.

The best way to create buzz is to get other people talking about it. We usually set up a small table with 5-10 minis from 2 factions in a display fashion. An eye catcher really. People stop and ask about the game all the time. Buzz will start itself, just play insanely fun games and make sure people know it.

The problem I'm having is that I gave my Warlord Poster up to my new LGS and I've did demos there. Yet the store owner is still not getting in a Warlord rack. It's hard to create buzz about a game when the store owner doesn't have the minis to show off to people. ::(:

I tend to agree with Herr Oberfroschmeister about wildly using proxies. Warlord is based on the Reaper minis, and I think those should be used as much as possible.

That being said, I also think that to not use proxies in some areas can really limit a player at times. I for one do use proxies in a couple of cases in my Necropolis army, primarily from the Reaper line as compared to the Reaper Warlord line, but I do use some GW as well, and a couple of other companies, especially when I'm gaming with friends, and we use generic card created units. It's a lot of fun finding a cool new miniature or set of minis, and then making a unit out of them. :)

So, I think, do what you want. As long as your having fun, isn't that the point. 'Nuff said.

As for Shakhak, not having a LGS that supports the line would be tough when you're trying to get people interested. Not impossible, but certainly not easy. :down:

I can't really say I feel your pain, since this area has several LGS's that carry the line, but I give you credit for keeping up the good fight.

Chaoswarlord