Sign in to follow this  
Bluto

Has this happened to you?

So there you are, painting as usual, and you walk into another room for something. Absent-mindedly carrying an X-acto with you. Your roommate sees you walk in, and panics. Not for the X-acto in your hand, but you spilled Red INk on your other hand, at the wrist, and for a moment your roommate thinks you've attempted Suicide?

--man, that's embarassing.

--lstormhammer

Or what about when you do slit your wrists, and all of the other artists in class laugh at you because they think you spilled red paint all over yourself?

Eeep!

I hadn't though about that.

How about if you visit your parents house, and they ask how the mini painting's going. You look bewildered at them, and realised you didn't scrub the paint from your hands/nails...

--lstormhammer

I'm alwys going to the grocery store or to the pub or whatever with paint all over my fingers. Every so often I get asked "are you an artist?"

It's especially handy when a cute woman asks.

I have had that happen to me.

Heed my words: Just say you paint, don't go into detail unless She/He asks! Nothing ruins their joy as hearing 'Well, I paint tiny little pewter figurines and make my back sore and my eyes go crossed'. Just say 'Yes, I do.'

On the other hand, I have met women who were glad to hear I painted minis...

--Good luck to you!

-lstormhammer

On the other hand, I have met women who were glad to hear I painted minis...

Have they got any sisters?

- Never ask a girl "Would you like to see my miniature?"

Have they got any sisters?

Sadly, they didn't.

And what was worse is her *boyfriend* didn't care about miniatures (stupid LARPers, you'll never look good in leather pants, so stop trying).

She dumped him, hooked up with someone else....

--KHAAAN!!!!

--lstormhammer

oh, I am not going there, want to but no....

And we thank you, Ladystorm.

--I say more women in gaming, they think more than my troglodyte players!

--I'm a Doctor of Journalism!

--lstormhammer

I'm always going to the grocery store or to the pub or whatever with paint all over my fingers.

Yes, that happens to me.  Usually its not so obvious and it actually quite artsy when the nails are already polished.

cbs

Have you ever watched a War movie (any of them) and paused the DVD to get a quick sketch of the terrain?

How about watching a cheesy Medieval movie, and said 'I can do better terrain' then do so?

--lstormhammer

Or worse... last night I was watching "Thomas the Tank Engine" with my toddler and thinking, "That's pretty decent terrain for a kid's cartoon, I'll have to watch this again later to get some scenery ideas..."

ACK!

I'm worried my next Great Rail Wars game will involve zombies and cowboys fighting over a smiling tram named "Toby"...