Sculpting Cloaks

Vil-hatarn

I just got 15 or so of the GW Mordheim shadow warriors. I'm doing a fair amount of conversion, including adding some cloaks, but it's not easy. Does anyone have suggestions on this? My main concerns are getting both sides to look good, and saving my GS (I've already used a ton, and I'm only halfway through the first one...).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should also mention that I don't have a real sculpting tool, so I'm using an exacto knife and a lance blade from a GW model.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have a suggestion that my father gave me. He used to do quite a bit of modelling/figure modifications, back before there was all this cool stuff. To make cloaks, he used a good toilet paper or paper towel and put some airplane glue on it - not too much, though. You shape it into the shape you want (blowing in the wind, hanging straight, etc.) and let it dry fully. Once it's dry you can paint it. And it gives a nice cloth texture, too.

Heather