NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can it be?

DETHSTRYKER

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. Even in Chicagoland - 7 million people, game stores are dropping like flies. There are very few with areas to play games.

That's sad to hear. It's better in Denmark. Total population about 6 mill. and gaming stores all over the place. Copenhagen (the capital with population of about 1 mill.) has 1 GW store and 3 independent hobby stores, and that's just in the city centre. Plus a few model train shops.

Sounds like I should move to Memphis and open a game store!  :unsure:

Ummm... yeah. Cause you don't learn from other's mistakes? ::P:

I think all of you should move up to the Twin Cities, MN. We have TONS of gaming stores. About 3 million total population, and at least 6 stores with gaming rooms, plus at least that many more without. ::D:

Another one down, makes me wonder how Denver manages to support all the local retailers (four dedicated gaming stores that I can think of off the top of my head in the Denver metro area), with a population of about 2 million people, spread between Pueblo and Fort Collins. Wait, I forgot there are another million or so on the western slope, that must be it! ::D:

Not only do we manage to support those stores but we have one of the largest conventions west of the Mississippi. In fact there is nothing bigger convention wise until you get to the west coast (and yes that does include Texas ::P: ).

Sounds like I should move to Memphis and open a game store!  :unsure:

Ummm... yeah. Cause you don't learn from other's mistakes? ::P:

I think all of you should move up to the Twin Cities, MN. We have TONS of gaming stores. About 3 million total population, and at least 6 stores with gaming rooms, plus at least that many more without. ::D:

having lived in the Twin Cities.. they have some decent store. Especially the SOurce... But I have to admit. I am in Chicago area now.. and I prefer Games Plus to it. But there are about 20 games stores in this area... that is what I can think of.. I know there are ALOT more that I can not picture off of the top of my head.. but hands down.. the only one I attend is Games Plus :)

-jon

well, here in huntsville, for gaming store, we have... hmmm.... well depends on the game..lol

for Magic and video games stuff, we have Player 2

for video games you have your normal selection of EB and toys r us

for wargames/comics/roleplaying we have The Deep, and Comic Oddysee (the store has changed names like 3 times, used to be Anime Invasion)

for RPG's and minis and normals books, we have Bookmark (and various othert things like Barnes and nobles, Books a million, ETC)

all in all, huntsville isnt too bad.... my problem is getting people who have the time to actually play..lol