2543: Elladan Swiftbrook

prophet118

the first few minis i did, im going back now and redoing them, so this guy is one of the first ones i actually did, where he stayed the same..

this mini was bought by my brother in law, but, he moved away, and left the mini with a friend, who didnt want to paint him..lol

post-4-1109919171.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my favorite miniatures to paint. IAfter looking at several of your pieces, I have two things I think you should focus on for improvement. The first would be darklining. Try taking Reaper PP Walnut or create a very very dark brown and thin it ti a very thin wash. Use that to carefully outlint the miniature everywhere where two different textures meet. Aound the face where the hair and skin meet, between different layers of leather, where the pants meet the cloak, etc. This will help define and make the painting look cleaner.

Second is I think your skills are strong enough to really start to work on highlighting. Again, thinning your paint to transparency, build up your highlights. For the green of this mini, you could highlight up with yellow or a yellow green.

Anyway, those are my opinions. Thanks for sharing. Are these your first minis in the show off? I ask because, I don't remember seeing anything of yours before.

these are the first for me to show off..lol

my camera kept acting up before... and this one is one of the very first ones i did..lol

i did like 2-3 others to start, but im still working on the face of one, and i had to strip the other one down..lol, and i may do a weapon conversion on him anyway