02316 : Brom, Barbarian Champion

prophet118

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that the flesh tones are a little too red or purple-ish for my tastes, but otherwise looks good.

I will suggest propping a piece of white or light-colored paper up behind when photographing - it'll get rid of the visual clutter in the background, and may help lighten the shot up, too.

yeh, i had thought about that, but i was more excited that my camera actually cooperated with me... i'll try some other pics tonight with a background and see what i can get.... plus i'll try and get a second lamp to put more light on the front, that might help things

If you have a walmart/kmart/shopko type store nearby you can usually get those bendy neck lamps for about $7 each. 3 of em should set you up nicely for lighting with some Reveal Bulbs.

I use a couple of GW Rhino boxes with a piece of cloth/pillow case drapped over them for my back drops.

As for the mini -- you had mentioned in another post that you were adding Elf Flesh to your base mix. Maybe try adding more and just bringing the color up to get that 'sunburned' look toned down a bit.

this min i started with a base coat of elf flesh, just to establish a base tone (i have since bought a few other flesh tones), then i took a bit more of the elf flesh and put a drop or two of the flesh wash in it (someone suggested in on the boards i think) and went from there

plus as a highlight, i used skull white, with a drop of flesh wash (which made a slightly lighter elf flesh tone..lol)

im looking in to getting one of those lamps, in the mean time, i'll have to borrow one from my mom