Sign in to follow this  
nekk

pink foam... where to get it???

I have been looking at my local hardware store and everywhere else but I cant seem to find any of that pink foam... I want to use it for some terrain sculpting....

so where do I get my hands on some of it??? :huh:

Home Depot, Lowes or and hardware store that has building materials. Ace Hardware, True Value and small independant hardware store most likely will not carry it.

It's called "High density insulation foam" and it comes in sheets of pink or blue at various thicknesses.

I pick it up from the home depot near me, or if I can - I'll pester some construction guys on-site for scraps.

Guest madDdog67

Around here, it sells out fast...and it can be buried amongst the other insulation. The stuff I just bought last night from Home Despot is only 2 feet wide, not 4 like a normal sheet of the thinner pink stuff. It was shoved back amongst the other sheets, and not visible at first sight...so you might have to paw through the other stuff to find it.

you can also grt blue foam thats for shetting under metal roofs it comes in folded sectoins great fo storage and is high density try that its at any builders supply center with the insulation i love it it seems to be even stronger than the others

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard somewhere that it's only really sold in certain climates. I live in Florida, for instance, and can't find it anywhere.

I've heard the same thing about warm climates, but I'm still surprised ... because it keeps heat OUT as well as in.

We have one independently owned builder supply place here in Cratersville GA that sells it in 2-inch-thick 8'X4' sheets..and it comes in blue rather than pink. Next time we're down there I'll find out where it's made and maybe where or how else it can be gotten.

IIRC - the pink foam is Owens-Corning and the blue is Dow. One of the companies holds the trademark to "styrofoam" so the other is just "expanded polystyrene foam".