Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Tuneage

Thank you. Thank you very much. Maybe it is the 668th plane, the "Neighbour of the Beast"... You know how annoying neighbours can be... Still, living up in Alberta is probably quite similar to Texas. We have lots of big hats, and also lots of people that work oil and think they are important and have big trucks :D I grew up with it, and I still can't figure why thya all dress up in those silly cowboy Halloween costumes to go to the bars on Friday nights :) Okay, I admit back in my "hayday", I had my "costumes' to go out to the bar, but they usually involved denim with lots of holes and frayed spots, and patches and skulls and things :D

Nah,I think gangsta rap would probably be beelzebub's torture tunes of choice.I can imagine acres upon acres of broken down 200 dollar cars with 1000 dollar stereos blasting away for all eternity.

Or worse...bubblegum pop.

But hey,thats just an opinion.

I am also pleased to note that no-one seems to enjoy the evil devil music known as country and western while painting minis...

C&W can be very good.  

You missed the reference to Brad Paisley on my list.

The Eagles started out as a studio band for a C&W singer.

Shania Twain is Country because that is where she fits in the record executive's list of categories.  Doesn't mean it's an accurate assessment, doesn't mean it isn't, it's just where THEY have chosen to put her.

The "compartmentalization" of music, a creation of studio marketing divisions, has made a mess of radio.

Kenny Loggins only gets played on C&W stations now (his latest works at any rate), because he can't get on Adult Contemporary or Modern Top 40 or whatever else the marketing gurus are calling non-teeny bopper, non-rapper, non-metal radio now.

PRG's second album sat in a record exec's drawer for 3 years because THEY couldn't figure out how to categorize them.

Odd as it is,Garth Brooks started out doing Kiss covers,and was even on their latest tribute album.

Actually a lot of the music on the local classic rock station is considered 'southern rock' which pretty much blurs the distinction between country and rock.(Although I dont exactly understand how CCR is considered 'southern' since good ol John Fogerty is from way up north somewhere.)

I dont much care for the musical classification system that the industry invokes.It seems to me that way too often a great band cant get air time because they cant conviently be categorized as 'rock','country',or 'rap'.Everything else is labeled 'altenative'.That trend seems to be fading away now though,and Im glad of it.

I'm wondering if this topic, which has moved WAY off topic, should be best service in Off Topic Rampancy...  :oops:

Aryanun, yes.

A now to get things back on topic....i'm building scenery while listebing to Dominic Gaudious, an awesome purveyor of "instrumental World Acoustic guitar". we saw him last night in Atlanta, and I've never seen a better guitarist in my life. try his website. i think a lot of you will enjoy it.

Indeed, back on target is good :D Do you have a URL Mr. Page? I would love to give him a listen. I find that moody music is ultimately best for me unless I am rushing to get lots done. World guitar sounds very good to me.

He's at www.DominicGaudious.com

Some of you may have seen him on Fox's "30 seconds to Fame". a lot of people are comparing him to Leo Kottke. he put on a great live show saturday night.

Now back to scenery making. Thatch roof cottages, to the sounds of Vartina, a Finnish folk group.

Alright, so my friend (who I will never admit to his face that he's smarter than the Mighty Lstormhammer) got me hooked on this.

Picture Stephen Hawking as a Gansta rappa.

I'm not kidding.

The really suprising thing is that these are pretty darned funny. There's also a Led Zeppelin medley in there that I can finally understand what the heck Robert Plant was mumbling about...

--lstormhammer

Steven, I have began listening to all of those, and he is very good. I would LOVE to see him perform live! I shall attempt to burn some of these for the purposes of painting :D

I agree with several people here on their choice of background music. I am an old-school gamer, as well as an old-school metal-head. And I like good, aggressive, melodic power-thrash metal. Bands such as Iced Earth, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Therion, Nightwish, Rhapsody, Seven Witches (with Bobby Lucas), Exhibition... and the list goes on.

www.icedearth.com

www.nevermore.tv

www.blind-guardian.com

www.megatherion.com

www.mightyrhapsody.com

www.nightwish.com

www.exhibitionproject.com

~Hoyt.

I agree with several people here on their choice of background music. I am an old-school gamer, as well as an old-school metal-head. And I like good, aggressive, melodic power-thrash metal. Bands such as Iced Earth, Nevermore, Blind Guardian, Therion, Nightwish, Rhapsody, Seven Witches (with Bobby Lucas), Exhibition... and the list goes on.

www.icedearth.com

www.nevermore.tv

www.blind-guardian.com

www.megatherion.com

www.mightyrhapsody.com

www.nightwish.com

www.exhibitionproject.com

~Hoyt.

Right on, Blaquemote. I'm wayyyyy geeked for the 29th, when the new Nevermore comes out.  :D

Though I'm way beyond bummed that Matt Barlow left Iced Earth... :down:

After reading all these posts, I think I may all by myself on this...

Currently Music Playlist:

Ataris - So Long Astoria

Ataris - Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... Next 12 Miles

MEST - Untitled

Rufio - Untitled

Rufio - Perhaps I Suppose

Allister - Last Stop Suburbia

Midtown - Living Well is the Best Revenge

Movielife - Forty Hour Train Back to Penn

Alkaline Trio - Good Morning

Millencolin - Home From Home

Dropkick Murphys - Blackout

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullibies & Swagger

Not those two... fan of both here...

Reaper Ivy

(eclectic is an massive understatement)

Not those two... fan of both here...

Reaper Ivy

(eclectic is an massive understatement)

Nothing says fantasy painting like Irish Punk Rock. LOL