ENTERPRISE finale?

Nanite

Spoilers are coming in on the Enterprise series finale (Caution, strong language):

CHUD link

Personally, while I liked most of the cast, and fell in nerd love with Linda Park, I couldn't get into the show.

Also since they messed all over the Trek continuity, I don't really see the finale as a bad thing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would have been fine if Enterprise had kicked off in a splinter timeline caused by the Next Gen crew's unintended interference with Dr. Cochrane's flight.

If they actually do that in the ending, I will be exquisitely pissed. Enterprise was a good show. I think people (i.e Berman) is just tired of doing the same job for 18 years.

Fie upon them, I say.

I honestly think the should have let it rest after DS9 for a good couple of years, but Enterprise wasn't even trying to build on that old continuity. It was a fresh start that got screwed by the network.

Heck, around here we never even got to see the season finales when they were broadcast. They always got pre-empted by hockey playoffs. How screwed up is that.

TOS, the movies, and Next Generation will always hold a certain place in my heart. The same one as the first three Star Wars films.

I agree with Digital M@, Trek needs a rest. And as long as the new BSG keeps up the quality, I'm a happy nerd.

BSG? Battlestar Galactica? That show reeks. Maybe it's because I didn't see the miniseries, but I can't get into it at all. Does everyone have to have a dirty little secret?

If TV people really have an interest in making me happy, I got three words: BRING BACK FIREFLY!!!

Yep, I only saw a couple episodes of Firefly, but the show seemed like it had potential. Maybe it wasn't very merchandise friendly, though.

Another show that I liked that the network axed was Space:Above and Beyond. I just recently started watching Enterprise regularily, and it really upsets me that they will cut it down at season 4.

Heck, around here we never even got to see the season finales when they were broadcast. They always got pre-empted by hockey playoffs. How screwed up is that.

You were lucky, we don't have a UPN station local so the fox station carries the show but preempts it for everything so I only have been able to watch a few episodes.

On the other hand I am also enjoying the new BSG.

Since I loved Babylon 5, you are by deafult, wrong :grr:

But seriously, genre shows are as much a matter of personal taste as quality, and no Unglef, you're not in the minority disliking Babylon 5.

I was never able to get into Enterprise like I was the other ST series, but if that is the actual ending for the show, that is disgraceful for the small legion of die hard fans that have been watching the show since day one. That's a HUGE middle finger to fandom by the writers/directors/producers.

I'm really enjoying the new BSG. I'm really enjoying the level of tension and underlying sense of paranoia that is running through the crew. I haven't missed an episode yet, even if I do have to stay up til midnight on Monday if I missed the original air date on Friday night. I do wish they would show it on another night mid week too, but a little earlier.

I never got into Babylon 5. I didn't start at the beginning, and when I tried to get into it later, I had just missed out on too much to grasp and enjoy.

I was pissed when Firefly was canned. It was a great show.