CCV..TIME TO VOTE!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just have to work on the whole "being objective" when it comes to the voting (I saw three of mine in the same category)

For some reason that always happens. Paint up a ton of different figs, and they all end up in the same category :lol:

I'll just have to work on the whole "being objective" when it comes to the voting (I saw three of mine in the same category)

For some reason that always happens. Paint up a ton of different figs, and they all end up in the same category :lol:

And even though it was 8 figures from 7 manufacturers, nearly all of them could be categorized as "half-nekkid women" :lol:

Good luck to all the entrants, there are a lot of deserving entries from the ones I've looked at so far.

Being objective isn't easy, but I'm doing my best. All in all, a HUGE variety of styles and sculpts. It's fun, but man I wish I didn't still have dial up...I've done 4 categories so far...taking a quick break and doing more. Pretty much I'm giving comments on my top three and then the two runners up. So I guess I'm juding out to 5th place.

I prefer doing all this in person, though! Judging photos is a pain.

Me too.... I have 5 in one catagory!

Ugh about my photos..they stink...especially one ...That's it I give! I'm going to get a new computer that's not 7 years old and get one that has a photo edit program installed properly...

I'm really, really impressed with alot of the entrys...This years eye candy is fantastic and there's also alot of pics that show why you should thin your paints and everything in the middle!..but every picture deserves a look as we all have worked hard to get to whatever point we are in our painting abilitys. I think it's fantastic that so many people at so many differrent "levels" entered!

It gives people who don't paint a way to judge just how hard it is to achieve a high standard of painting. and a greater appriciation as to the quality that can be achieved in this "hobby" of ours!

A very special thanks to Jason who's efforts were enormous and very time consuming... made with great sacrifice to his family so a big thanks to them as well for going thru all this so we can have fun

I have been working on voting and comments now for about 3 hours and am taking a break to get perspective again...Plus with dial-up I keep getting booted...save as draft...UGH!

Good luck and let people know to vote

PLEASE remember NOT to post your pictures anywhere on the web including ebay,CMON or your personal website till all the votes are in and winners announced! I've noticed that already 2 have been yanked because of this error so don't let it happen to you!

Thanks

Betsy

PLEASE remember NOT to post your pictures anywhere on the web including ebay,CMON or your personal website till all the votes are in and winners announced! I've noticed that already 2 have been yanked  because of this error so don't let it happen to you!

Thanks

Betsy

My favorite in the fantasy category experienced this demise last night ::(::angry:

why can't people follow directions? :unsure:

debby ^_^

Yeah, Betsy, in some categories I was up to 6 finalists. :wacko: I've been told I need to do better pictures of mine though...althought it says 500 pix's high, doesn't mean I should make them 500 pixs high. :blink: I'm sure there are many that I was dissapointed to find the pictures too blurred or dark to SEE the mini well enough to judge, but in real life they were probably pretty good paintjobs. Still, it's all part of the fun and games that are CC.

I still haven't finished voting... :down:

Everybody in CCV this is why you might have some trouble voting at this time please read and the deadline has been extended!

Hi All,

Thought I'd offer some explanation as to why you've not been able to get to the Chick Challenge. It seems the CC has grown too big for its britches. Eager viewers far exceeded theWarp.net's bandwidth and, consequently, the server administrator moved it to somewhere in Internet purgatory. He then sent a letter of explanation to the administrator of theWarp.net, which hosts my site.

Having communicated with this poor guy (who had set this week aside to study for final exams) a couple of times now, the impression I've gained is that throwing some money at the problem should get the CC back up again. I have no problem with this solution as I've been leeching off theWarp.net for five years now and have presumably only given them once-per-year headaches of this nature.

Assuming I understand the problem and solution correctly, and having communicated my willingess to pay some money, I hope that the CC will be back up again very soon. I will then extend the voting deadline by a couple of days.

My apologies to all of you who waited so long only to have it yanked after two days of voting. Hopefully your frothing-at-the-mouth impatience has been somewhat whetted. In fact, I'm more than a little proud of our Chick Challenge. It busted theWarp.net! I never would have guessed that would be possible.

Spread the news far and wide please. :)

Jason