Faction Discussion: Poll on Favorite

Reaper

What is your favorite faction and why?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite faction and why?

• Crusaders
    • Darkspawn
    • Dwarves
    • Elves
    • Mercenaries
    • Necropolis
    • Nefsokar
    • Overlords
    • Reptus
    • Reven
    • Razig's Revenge
    • Freelance
    • Generic/Homegrown

Goldeneagle, I'm disappointed you wouldn't rise to my bait.  :devil:

My least favorite faction is the Overlords b/c I hear the guy who writes their fluff is a total munchkin. In the faction book they're coming out with some kind of floating slave ship ala Jabba the Hutt's barge in RotJ.

::P:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so then the ruling is: I'm just blind, oh well

unfortunately, now that more Nefsokar stuff is coming out, getting the starter has been pushed further down the list

I think the Nefsokar are only missing three or four figures at this point, and they have all their grunts and adepts.

I haven't actually had a battle yet, but I'm currently building a Necropolis army. My first tournament will be the Forgewalk Marches Invitational put on by LadyStorm and Storminator. I consider this a trial by fire since they are very experienced players. I've always been a fan of the undead so it seemed only natural to me to pick them. I consider it a bonus that they have all their models out and they will have the first faction book to boot. Also, they appear to be underrepresented in the forums. They are the most played faction, but very few Necro players speak up around here.

I haven't actually had a battle yet, but I'm currently building a Necropolis army. My first tournament will be the Forgewalk Marches Invitational put on by LadyStorm and Storminator. I consider this a trial by fire since they are very experienced players.

Don't worry, you won't be the only rookie wargamer there. My 750 army will be untested as well. I've had a chance to play one 1000 pt game with Pete. I lost. His Onxy Golem just wrecked me because I couldn't keep it down.

Weekly Update seems to show that we gain about a dozen or so a week at Warlord HQ. Sign up and get you battles recorded and represent!!!!

Total Taltain Fighting Companies:

Necropolis 53--> 55 -->56-->57

Crusaders 46 --> 47--> 48-->49

Elves 42 --> 41-->44--> 47

Dwarves 38 --> 39-->41-->42

Mercenary 25 --> 31 -->31-->31

Nefsokar 26 --> 26 --> 26-->26

Reptus 21 --> 21 --> 23-->24

Darkspawn 19 --> 21 --> 23-->23

Reven 21 --> 21 -->21-->22

Overlords 17--> 18 --> 18-->20

308 total -- 320 Total --331 total-->341 Total

Warlord HQ. Sign up and get your battles recorded and represent you Faction!!!

Total Taltain Fighting Companies:

Necropolis -->53--> 55 -->56-->57-->62

Crusaders -->46 -> 47--> 48-->49-->58

Elves ------->42 --> 41-->44--> 47-->57

Dwarves --->38 --> 39--->41-->42-->44

Mercenary ->25 --> 31 -->31-->31-->34

Nefsokar -->26 --> 26 --> 26-->26-->27

Reptus ---->21 --> 21 --> 23-->24-->25

Reven ----->21 --> 21 -->21-->22-->26

Darkspawn>19 --> 21 --> 23-->23-->24

Overlords ->17--> 18 --> 18-->20-->22

Total -->308 --> 320 -->331 -->341 -->379

21% increase - Elves

18% increase - Reven & Crudaders

10% increase - Overlords & Mercs

09% increase - Necro

Reven Passed Darkspawn for 8th place. The race for 2nd and 3rd is not over as the Crudaders and Elves battle it out.

We also gained about 50% more than we usually do for the amount of time which has passed. ::D:

Dwarves, definitively. The Warlord Dwarf sculpts are just sooooo sweet, I couldn't resist them... :wub:

Reptus as runner-ups, and the second army I'm going to get once the starter box is out. Plus, I'm in love with the Nefsokar. Crusaders are definitively my thing as well, and the Overlord start to look really attractive once you get past that wussy Lich and his undead Sergeant. I love some of the Elf sculpts, Ranzig's Revenge is just too cool, and I'm thinking of building a generic army using Dragonrune's Komodons, because that way I finally have a reason to buy those...

Damn, I'm too exitable a fanboy with too little money and painting time... :blues:

The only factions I'm sure I will *not* get into sooner or later are the Reven and Darkspawn. Both factions' minis just don't do nothing for me.